Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

NIU/UB women’s game

John

A very good gutcheck game for UB. After their three straight losses something had to be done roster wise to change their mindset. Again Christie had a very uneven game with turnovers and both Keita and Jordan gave little help. Here come Wilson a highly touted freshman from Rochester who was ranked # 18 by ESPN in her high school career. With her big body and strength down low we were finally able to win the rebounding battle which in years past was always a big stable of UB’s success. Stilll a concern about the minutes our starters have to play and if any of them get into foul trouble. Coach Jack had to try and make some changes but you never know how players that have not played all year are going to perform. Two road games coming up this week will tell how our standing in the MAC will look. Still a concern about Camp not being able to generate any offense and Hemphill not being in the offense flow of the game. Go Bulls!!!!

Agreeing with all of your concerns. Adding, I think Fair is injured but still playing with the injury, or is fatigued. And I think Hemphill is fatigued, she too only 8 shots all game. And I think Woolley is also showing signs of fatigue. And maybe Camp too, she only had 1 assist yesterday and took only 1 shot. I have no particular advice for FLJ, she is in a difficult position with only 8 healthy players and two of them aren't really producing (Jordan, Keita) and the rest are playing huge number of minutes.

2 hours ago, dj_paige said:

Agreeing with all of your concerns. Adding, I think Fair is injured but still playing with the injury, or is fatigued. And I think Hemphill is fatigued, she too only 8 shots all game. And I think Woolley is also showing signs of fatigue. And maybe Camp too, she only had 1 assist yesterday and took only 1 shot. I have no particular advice for FLJ, she is in a difficult position with only 8 healthy players and two of them aren't really producing (Jordan, Keita) and the rest are playing huge number of minutes.

Also, they had 5 games in less than two weeks. That's a tough load for any team.

2 hours ago, dj_paige said:

I also am concerned about Fair who a few games ago hurt her shoulder/neck on the first minute of a game and then it looked like she was favoring one of her legs and ever since those games her 3 point shooting and even short jump shots seem to be off and she is even missing multiple layups and Woolley has been a total revaluation. The first few games of course both McEvans and Adeyeye were not injured and she was getting some playing time but not a lot of minutes. She has now shown she can drive to the basket with both short jumpers and layups. But with all the minutes now she seems fatigued into the 3rd and 4th quarters but she continues to have that warrior mentality along with Fair and Hemphill. There does not appear to be any quit in this team and can only hope more fans and especially students come out to support this team. On the student support?? What is wrong with the true blue support and for that matter this administration in promoting this team?? Go Bulls!!!

10 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Also, they had 5 games in less than two weeks. That's a tough load for any team.

Do agree that are all the variables during a season. But when you do not have any bench that they spell your starters for at least a few quality minutes it will be tough to win games when it comes to critical minutes late in games. Again when you have a point guard that will not or can’t generate some offense that enables a defense to collapse even more on Fair, Woolley and Hemphill. Have confidence in this coaching staff to come up with some answers. They did it the last game by inserting Wilson and because she gave positive minutes and play they continued to play her. Go Bulls!!!