Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

What other schools do you root for?

Gxtrex

2 hours ago, enrique14150 said:

I grew up around UB. My dad went there and took us to all kinds of sporting events as kids from D3 into the transition into D1.  I went to Northeastern for undergrad - I'm a huge Huskies hockey fan.  Like most Huskies, I'm aware of their usually solid basketball program but don't pay close attention to it.  Hockey is our big deal.  I came home for grad school at UB and have been here since.

As a kid we rooted for Michigan (hated OSU and Notre Dame, still do), West Virginia (hated Syracuse and Penn State, still do), in a lighter sense, Texas and Florida State.

I despise our local rivals, the Little Three.  I have no use for any of them.  In the MAC, 'rate my hate' I would have to still go with Akron 1, Ohio 2, Kent 3.  I have no feeling whatsoever either way about the other SUNY schools.  The Northeastern Husky in me despises BU, BC, and Lowell.  

What do you think of the goalie for northeastern this year? As good as advertised? 

1 hour ago, Tee4three said:

What do you think of the goalie for northeastern this year? As good as advertised? 

Devon Levi - so far, yes.  He didn't play last year - he started the games for Canada at the World Juniors, with a broken rib, and therefore he sat out the rest of the season.  This year he's been great from the first minute.  It's too bad he missed a couple weeks (including the Beanpot) due to being at the Olympics, but we didn't miss much of a beat without him.  He's an interesting fellow - a computer science major; sometimes during stoppages, he turns around and kneels down, meditating almost like a samurai.  The whistle goes and he turns around ready to go.  He's a bit undersized compared to other goalies but he's very agile and covers a lot of ground laterally.  He reads the game very well.  Probably the most talented goalie the program has ever had, and that's even compared to Cayden Primeau a couple seasons ago.  I really hope he stays long enough to lead them to some more trophies - what worries me is that the Buffalo Sabres could use just about anyone who knows how to lace their own skates, and might call him up before that.
Semptimphelter - a freshman who stepped in ably while Levi was in Beijing.  Well more than 'ably', he was awesome.

Edited by enrique14150