Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2023 Football schedule released

promotherobot

1 hour ago, Blue03 said:

From people I know, our athletics department can be very difficult. I feel from Syracuse’s point of view they would rather play us than another MAC team. An in-state game would bring more people, more excitement, more bragging rights. 

It would be great to play more games vs in-state opponents like Syracuse and Army.    As a downstate alum I enjoyed seeing UB play a couple games at West Point but it’s been a few years now. Would be nice if they could set up another home and home series with the Black Knights.

30 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

It would be great to play more games vs in-state opponents like Syracuse and Army.    As a downstate alum I enjoyed seeing UB play a couple games at West Point but it’s been a few years now. Would be nice if they could set up another home and home series with the Black Knights.

Well we have a 3 game series from 2026 to 2033. Two away one home. Would be nice to get them home before that, have a nice spot in 2024 or 2025. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Blue03 said:

Well we have a 3 game series from 2026 to 2033. Two away one home. Would be nice to get them home before that, have a nice spot in 2024 or 2025. 

Guess I forgot about that future series. Hopefully UB can keep the momentum moving forward and give them a good fight in 3 more years 

2 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

Guess I forgot about that future series. Hopefully UB can keep the momentum moving forward and give them a good fight in 3 more years 

Yeah. The next few years we set up series with UMass, UConn, Army. Kinda fun, would rather have better ones

On 2/27/2023 at 1:49 PM, Blue03 said:

I bet UB could convince them, our athletic department just doesn’t ever try to grow our program.

Nah SU doesn't want to play us. Same reason it took so long to play us in MBB. FLJ was begging SU to play us in WBB and got a closed scrimmage.

It's a lose-lose for them. Win and you're supposed to win. Lose and you embarrass yourself. I'm of the mindset you play the games anyway, which is why I like keeping Niagara and Canisius on our basketball schedules.

10 hours ago, Blue03 said:

From people I know, our athletics department can be very difficult. I feel from Syracuse’s point of view they would rather play us than another MAC team. An in-state game would bring more people, more excitement, more bragging rights. 

And the potential for more embarrassment.

Also Syracuse does not have an open date until 2027. https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/syracuse/

Edited by BrooklynBull

1 hour ago, BrooklynBull said:

And the potential for more embarrassment.

Also Syracuse does not have an open date until 2027. https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/syracuse/

Would be great if AD's focused more on the objectives of athletic "competition" and the interest of the fans.   There is soo much $$ in college athletics that AD are more focused on how to get promoted, or not fired, than fans and "competition".  Sad state of affairs in intercollegiate sports. 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2023 at 6:48 AM, Sportsfan said:

Would be great if AD's focused more on the objectives of athletic "competition" and the interest of the fans.   There is soo much $$ in college athletics that AD are more focused on how to get promoted, or not fired, than fans and "competition".  Sad state of affairs in intercollegiate sports. 

Agreed. Unfortunately the industry is going in a different direction. Teams will be traveling to/from Piscataway to Pasadena in the same conference soon. 

On 2/28/2023 at 11:48 AM, DaBulls99 said:

We can fit 26k in our home stadium. I don’t get the obsession with playing in Orchard Park. Syracuse would draw. 

Yes. Our largest crowd ever was 29K+ at UB stadium vs Syracuse. I was at the game. About 2/3rds Orange fans. Yay.

Our Thanksgiving Friday game against BG at Highmark Stadium drew 26K, all local fans, or just those willing to spend an off-Friday watching football where, in the minds of most WNY'ers, football is played. That's why I say UB needs to get back there.