Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB versus Dartmouth - the future looks bright

ubfan75

8 minutes ago, ubfan75 said:

I believe Oats was referencing "offensive efficiency", a statistic used by the selection committee. That is why so many teams keep several starters or hot shooters on the court in garbage time. 

An uncontested layup at the buzzer is very efficient offense! Not sure if I agree with it up by 20 in the final seconds or not, but it is what it is. It's not 10 year olds playing out there, it's D-1 players vs D-1 players.

17 hours ago, rma said:

This is still amazing for WBB.  If you look back at photos taken early in FLJ's career at UB the stands are empty.  I'd love to see people need to sit in the 300's for WBB games, but it's going to take some time.  FLJ built a culture of winning out of nothing.

Our family have talked about that many times. How the attendance was in the 100’s. Hope we see crowds in the 3,000’s for MAC games and in many cases the fans have been more boisterous than at some men’s games. These last few years have been the most exciting and hope to see more fans at games. Go Bulls!!!!

6 hours ago, skrabukes said:

An uncontested layup at the buzzer is very efficient offense! Not sure if I agree with it up by 20 in the final seconds or not, but it is what it is. It's not 10 year olds playing out there, it's D-1 players vs D-1 players.

As long as the selection committee uses this metric of offensive efficiency, and as long as MAC teams have to scratch and claw and pray for at-large bids, I say “shoot away”.

On 12/31/2019 at 5:23 PM, ubfan75 said:

As long as the selection committee uses this metric of offensive efficiency, and as long as MAC teams have to scratch and claw and pray for at-large bids, I say “shoot away”.

Do understand your thinking. But the majority of games over the years you see a team that is way ahead just sit on the ball or in some cases the other team commits a foul. Normally you see a coach signal to hold the ball or just pass it around the court. At one time I  guess it was called good sportsmanship and maybe being a humble winner. Again do not agree with many of the metrics but sports as in life sometimes are not fair. Go Bulls!!!!