Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Samson Reilly - (SG, CT) 2024

UBinMD

7 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Coaches kid on #1 team in Connecticut, played with his brother. Could be a nice piece. 

image.thumb.png.8203ec852a28ed6236c11f459f4c7ef2.png

image.png

I guess Samson knows where it is "at"!  

Offers from LeMoyne, Sacred Heart and Central Ct.  I am wondering if his recruiting picks up after this.

1 hour ago, DocCas86 said:

I guess Samson knows where it is "at"!  

Offers from LeMoyne, Sacred Heart and Central Ct.  I am wondering if his recruiting picks up after this.

Feels like he's an early prospect just starting to pickup recruiting steam. When you are on a #1 team anywhere as a lower classman, you often get overlooked since the seniors get the looks. Could be a nice snag if we can impress him.

• 1 month later...

Reilly committed to Quinnipiac earlier this month. According to this article, UB was the runner-up for his talents. Hard to believe that none of the people who "cover" UB basketball relayed this scoop to our fanbase... Guess it's up to us fans.

East Catholic basketball standout Samson Reilly was ready to commit to the University of Buffalo. 

The Bulls had it all: high level basketball, a strong league in the MAC and great resources, Reilly said. He even loved the coaches. 

But Buffalo was missing something else: It wasn’t home. 

“I just thought I fit better at Quinnipiac,” said the 6-foot-2 Reilly. Similar to Buffalo, he connected with the coaches, loved the culture and admired Quinnipiac’s facilities. The Bobcats, who play in the MAAC, just had something unmatchable. “I have a good sports past with my dad being my high school coach and him being a vital part of my life. I want to stay close to that.” 

Reilly announced his commitment to Quinnipiac via Twitter Thursday. In addition to Buffalo, he also received offers from Sacred Heart, Le Moyne and Central Connecticut State University. Quinnipiac was 20-12, 11-9 in the MAAC last season.

https://www.ctinsider.com/gametimect/boys-basketball/article/samson-reilly-east-catholic-quinnipiac-recruiting-18279265.php

2 hours ago, MuchMany said:

Reilly committed to Quinnipiac earlier this month. According to this article, UB was the runner-up for his talents. Hard to believe that none of the people who "cover" UB basketball relayed this scoop to our fanbase... Guess it's up to us fans.

https://www.ctinsider.com/gametimect/boys-basketball/article/samson-reilly-east-catholic-quinnipiac-recruiting-18279265.php

Thanks for the update.