Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2024 UB Quarterback

Ubbullsfan09

2024 UB Quarterback  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, MuchMany said:

Counterpoint: Snyder isn't and never was a D1 quality QB. I don't expect him to be transferring to an FBS team as a starter, which would tell us a lot about what we've experienced the last two years. Optimistically, maybe that should be encouraging for us with an actual QB next year. 

I'm not disagreeing with you here, but wasn't Snyder half decent last season?  I mean the dude won a bowl game for us.

1 hour ago, ubbulls98 said:

I'm not disagreeing with you here, but wasn't Snyder half decent last season?  I mean the dude won a bowl game for us.

The offense just never felt like a real D1 offense to me with him at the helm. I suppose he was a low-end D1 QB, but the hyperbole felt appropriate in response to the idea that a short, weak-armed, slow QB could ever sniff an NFL practice squad.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MuchMany said:

Counterpoint: Snyder isn't and never was a D1 quality QB. I don't expect him to be transferring to an FBS team as a starter, which would tell us a lot about what we've experienced the last two years. Optimistically, maybe that should be encouraging for us with an actual QB next year. 

Was he better or worse that KVT? Many Bulls fans felt KVT was limited and couldn't be trusted to do great things and was used as a game manager. He went to Georgia Southern, lit up the scoreboard and beat Nebraska in Lincoln. I think Snyder will be an FBS QB next year and will get back to a 3k passing season.

2 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Was he better or worse that KVT? Many Bulls fans felt KVT was limited and couldn't be trusted to do great things and was used as a game manager. He went to Georgia Southern, lit up the scoreboard and beat Nebraska in Lincoln. I think Snyder will be an FBS QB next year and will get back to a 3k passing season.

Just based on eye test, I thought Snyder was far worse than Vantrease at UB. 

15 minutes ago, Ubbullsfan09 said:

I did too. Things always felt kind of "off" with Snyder, whereas KVT felt more competent and consistent.

Maybe I'm being too harsh I don't know. I think he was a big part of our bewildered underachievement the last two years. Very excited to see a new era of UB quarterbacking to start. 

1 minute ago, MuchMany said:

I did too. Things always felt kind of "off" with Snyder, whereas KVT felt more competent and consistent.

Maybe I'm being too harsh I don't know. I think he was a big part of our bewildered underachievement the last two years. Very excited to see a new era of UB quarterbacking to start. 

KVT:

2019-2021 (I discounted 2017 & 2018 since he only got spot duty):

2019: 101/172 = 58.7%; 1,193 yards, 8 TD/2 INT; 2 sacks

2020: 96/154 = 62.3%; 1,326 yards, 7 TD/3 INT; 1 sack

2021: 161/262 = 61.5%; 1,861 yards, 8 TD/6 INT; 7 sacks

2022 (Georgia Southern): 371/604 = 61.4%; 4,253 yards, 27 TD/16 INT; 6 sacks

Basically he has 127 yards less in 2022 that his entire UB Career. He had 4 more TDs than his entire UB Career, he had 5 more INT than his entire UB Career.

COLE SNYDER:

2022: 271/461 = 58.8%; 3,030 yards, 18 TD/8 INT, 32 sacks

2023: 203/372 = 54.6%; 2,109 yards; 13 TD/9 INT, 17 sacks

KVT had a superior completion rate, less yardage (although we had a robust running game, so passing was not as big a part of the offense). The Sack Totals is what really stands out. I think we all forget the dominate OL that we had under Leipold. That level of pressure certainly contributed to a lower completion rating I would think.

We will see how it works out, but I would not be surprised to see Snyder have his best stats of his career somewhere else, if there is a solid OL in front of him.

On 11/27/2023 at 3:14 PM, UBinMD said:

From what I have heard, Mo has a very loyal player following, even given the abysmal results. They seem to buy-in to the "Process". You may be right, but the rumblings I've heard is the majority of the contributors that still have eligibility plan to stick around. 

I guess Shaun Dolac isn't a Mo loyalist.

1 minute ago, promotherobot said:

I guess Shaun Dolac isn't a Mo loyalist.

I think he is looking for a top 10 draft payday and maybe a current day payday. The injury this year I am sure opened his eyes to how quickly things can go sideways. Go get your while you can, since there may not be a tomorrow. I can guarantee he will go to a top program, not Stoney Brook or Albany. He also saw Fuqua's stock drop by sticking around...

Edited by UBinMD

4 hours ago, Ubbullsfan09 said:

I agree and also I thought Kyle Vantrease was more mentally tough compared to Cole Snyder who folded as the UB Bulls football season went on like a folding table for Buffalo Bills Bills Mafia that they jump on in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, UBinMD said:

2022 (Georgia Southern): 371/604 = 61.4%; 4,253 yards, 27 TD/16 INT; 6 sacks

Basically he has 127 yards less in 2022 that his entire UB Career. He had 4 more TDs than his entire UB Career, he had 5 more INT than his entire UB Career.

This is true but missing context. Southern runs the air raid offense and only rushed for 137 yards per game last year. This year their QBs combined for 3,579 yards passing (12 games), last year it was 4,289 (13 games). Did he have a great season and one better than he had at UB, absolutely. Can you compare his passing stats 1:1 with his time at UB? Not completely. 

1 hour ago, rma said:

This is true but missing context. Southern runs the air raid offense and only rushed for 137 yards per game last year. This year their QBs combined for 3,579 yards passing (12 games), last year it was 4,289 (13 games). Did he have a great season and one better than he had at UB, absolutely. Can you compare his passing stats 1:1 with his time at UB? Not completely. 

I understand that, my point is exactly that. When KVT was in Buffalo, he was called a game manager because our RB/OL was playing at such a high level and he didn’t really need to pass. He goes somewhere else with that kind of offense and all of a sudden he can pass. Coaching and scheme has a lot to do with these guys success and failure.

Snyder’s skills are being based on being continually harassed in the pocket and one of the worst offensive gsmeplans in recent history? Nothing we did this year allowed anyone (QB, RB, WR) to get in any rhythm. That’s one reason why we were so bad on 3rd down, no flow. The only time we had any level of decent offense was in the 2 minute drill 

• Like 2

I wanted to say something else about this subject UB Bulls can win with CJ Ogbonna as the starting quarterback in 2024 if UB Bulls improve their running back position in the offseason. UB Bulls if they start CJ Ogbonna at Quarterback they need another Jared Patterson or James Starks running back. Which that type of running back that can carry the load at running back isn’t presently here. I am not talking about running back by committee. I would do what the 1976 Pittsburgh Panthers did run the option and the I formation with Tony Dorsett. Pitt was 1-10 four years before and went 12-0 and were National Champions in 1976 with three different quarterbacks that season one of them was 9th string on the Pitt depth charts for quarterback.

UB Bulls need to get a great running back if they are going to start a CJ Ogbonna at quarterback. The more I think about it that is exactly what UB Bulls should do run the option along with the I formation to try to win the MAC in the next year or two. I think that is the only way UB Bulls can make the best of a average at best head coach in Maurice Linquist. Just run the option because this team sure as heck can’t throw the football with any regularity in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo