Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Almost early signing day

HomeyG

2 hours ago, HomeyG said:

Will we pick up any surprises this cycle? Anyone know how many scholarships are open?

Not sure how many are available. For the 3 in the Portal, do we get those back immediately or do we have to actually wait for them to transfer? I would hate to lose out on some good players because we were stuck with a guy looking for a greener pasture.

9 hours ago, HomeyG said:

I think those are available if the coaching staff wants to give them out. They may wait to see if a kid changes his mind that went in the portal

I guess that assumes they want them back. I suppose it could just be a bad fit. Seems odd that a freshman wants out, unless he's buried in the 2-Deep and isn't confident they can beat out the guys in front anytime soon. Plus, as a WR, you have to be able to have certain mentality to be a contributor, if not, you are SOL. Our WRs block very well, someone who has not had to do that in HS may not want that for their career. There are plenty of teams that air it out and throw 50 times again, so maybe that is more appealing.

On 12/10/2020 at 8:04 AM, UBinMD said:

I guess that assumes they want them back. I suppose it could just be a bad fit. Seems odd that a freshman wants out, unless he's buried in the 2-Deep and isn't confident they can beat out the guys in front anytime soon. Plus, as a WR, you have to be able to have certain mentality to be a contributor, if not, you are SOL. Our WRs block very well, someone who has not had to do that in HS may not want that for their career. There are plenty of teams that air it out and throw 50 times again, so maybe that is more appealing.

Some kids just get homesick....talk that Arik Gilbert at LSU may transfer closer to home, and he has been a great fit.