Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB. @ Western Michigan 1/11 at 7 pm

DocCas86

42 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

Just wanted to say that if the progress curtis jones has made from game 1 to the game the other night continues..... Look out 

Agreed, plus if he can take some of the ball handling pressure off Segu, that will open him up to more offense as he showed against WMU

I am curious to see how they navigate filling out the roster.  They may need to balance staying competitive against giving young players the opportunity to play and develop.  On surface, I wonder if they go for transfers to fill void left by Mballa and Williams.  I think Jones will be ready...and hopefully Blocker.  Time will tell.

• Like 1

I don’t know if it’s me being overly optimistic but I don’t dislike the group that we have returning next year. Jones is a pure PG, Blocker is an athletic freak and Perry is good defensively. They could play a similar role as to what Jordan and Caruthers did, early in their careers. Offensively, we’re going to have to run through Skogman. He has good posts moves, makes timely passes on double teams, and can stretch the floor. Hardnett is good defensively and efficient offensively when he’s healthy. Mading, while young and raw, is a unicorn. Williamson has the freshman Perkins build. I think offensively we may struggle. Don’t seem to have any shooters. But we, hopefully, can target Juco’s and transfers to fill that need. But most importantly, being that there are no “super stars” as somebody pointed out above, this group could grow as a team and play fun, selfless basketball. I think that is our biggest killer offensively this year. The ball sticks too much. The team seems to play selfishly

• Like 3

5 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Agreed, plus if he can take some of the ball handling pressure off Segu, that will open him up to more offense as he showed against WMU

He keeps gaining confidence, saw him directing guys on both the offense and defensive side against wmu

If he can develop as a threat offensively it would be a huge boost to this team

Also very willing to take charges which has been a sight for sore eyes

• Like 1

FWIW, potentially we could add Brennan Rigsby.  Not sure how things are going on that front or how he would contribute, but he is the second leading scorer on NW Florida State (# 2 JUCO in country per Massey) averaging 11.6 ppg shooting nearly 40% from 3p (88 attempts / 5.2 per game).  Just have to wait and see.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 6:06 PM, Dabulls said:

Bad shooting happens to every team from time to time. The problem is it seems like it happens to UB way too often. I’m not even sure if you can blame coaching on that, especially if they’re running plays and getting open shots. Have no clue why this happens so often with us

Completely agree, can’t blame coaching if missing open shots. I think in jeenathan case, sometimes he gets too much in this offensive mode where he has to shoot even if it’s a bad shot. Needs to understand the defense is playing for that and set someone else up. 

• Like 1