Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Truce

Chet

All of us come to this board because we are undoubtedly big fans of the Bulls. I have been a fan too since 1999 when I attended my first game as an undergraduate student at UB (Reggie's first game vs NC). I appreciate all the perspective that this board provides. Connecting with Bulls fans is always a lot of fun. I would appreciate the chance to get to know some of you. The only person on this board that I know personally is Skarbukes. My wife and I and now my daughter have connected with Rich, his wife and his family for since the the early 2000's in section 114 of Alumni. Rich's fandom is second to none. Great person and family. Enough of the BS personal "attacks" on this board. Everyone has a different take on things and it's what makes visiting this forum fun. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chet said:

All of us come to this board because we are undoubtedly big fans of the Bulls. I have been a fan too since 1999 when I attended my first game as an undergraduate student at UB (Reggie's first game vs NC). I appreciate all the perspective that this board provides. Connecting with Bulls fans is always a lot of fun. I would appreciate the chance to get to know some of you. The only person on this board that I know personally is Skarbukes. My wife and I and now my daughter have connected with Rich, his wife and his family for since the the early 2000's in section 114 of Alumni. Rich's fandom is second to none. Great person and family. Enough of the BS personal "attacks" on this board. Everyone has a different take on things and it's what makes visiting this forum fun. 

IMO, accepting different perspectives hasn't been an issue.  I believe repetition is the root of the problem.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Chet said:

Do agree. Sometimes the passion can bring out the best and sometimes the worst in us. It is how you learn  from some of the weakness or mistakes of taking things too personal. I have apologized many times to people if I go overboard on my comments. Section 114 of course is the best but than I am partial. our family have been in the top row for years and years and have had a great time and usually go out afterwards for drinks and eats. Just great time spent with family and friends. I think that is what life is all about. Depending on where the women end up we are considering going to support them. Go Bulls!!

1 hour ago, John said:

Do agree. Sometimes the passion can bring out the best and sometimes the worst in us. It is how you learn  from some of the weakness or mistakes of taking things too personal. I have apologized many times to people if I go overboard on my comments. Section 114 of course is the best but than I am partial. our family have been in the top row for years and years and have had a great time and usually go out afterwards for drinks and eats. Just great time spent with family and friends. I think that is what life is all about. Depending on where the women end up we are considering going to support them. Go Bulls!!

I attended UB from 90-95, so I lived the transition years into D1, I lived 4 and 5 win season, I heckled Constantine Popa from behind the Miami bench, saw UMass come to Alumni when they were in the upper echelon of basketball. My expectations have obviously risen from that time and even envisioning 1 championship or NCAA berth was a dream back then. The success we have had (in many sports) is beyond my wildest freshman dreams. (I actually watched Stutzman wrestle and he is now bringing that program to new heights). I was certainly disappointed this year by football and MBB, but we have wrestling achieving new heights, swim and dive doing great things, track and field stars (arguably the best throwing program in the country), womens soccer, tennis championships, on and on. We have a lot to be proud of and I will give our coaches more leniency than most probably because I have seen the worse times and struggles. If you told my 18 year old self I would bitch about a 19 win basketball season, I would have slapped myself. And let’s not forget the WBB Team that just cut down the nets and has a Sweet 16 under their belt!!Go Bulls!!🤘🏻🤘🏻

Edited by UBinMD
  • Like 7