Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UBWBB vs Drexel

UBinMD

2 hours ago, UBinMD said:

After the last game, I must say I’m pretty impressed with this start. A couple bad turnovers still but they are playing much better D so far.

This team is just dreadful. But it's starting from almost zero and we're dealing with the transfer portal. So I'm not down on Coach Burke but I hope to see some growth and improvement. That said, I don't know what the future of mid-majors holds. If your best players keep leaving how do you ever build a program?

1 hour ago, bulls2684 said:

She has all the faith I can provide. This situation is 100% at the feet of FLJ. She’s obviously focusing on D as she should. The offense will come, there have been flashes. I do hope SU gets their asses handed to them in league play. Once their figure out Fair is 70% of the entire offense, so games could get ugly against teams trade can play D.

1 hour ago, bulls2684 said:

Patience is the word alright. It looks like defense will be the key for any wins they can muster. The offense showed how it will be when Winfield has a tough shooting game. There was very little ball movement and Drexel really fronted and pressured Winfield all over the court. This has been Coach Burke’s track record of taking a team that is the lowest of the low and after a couple years of good recruiting turning them into a very good team. With her recruiting class coming in we can only hope there will be some diamonds in the rough. All the defensive effort in the world will not translate to wins when you only make 4 shots in the 3rd and 2 shots in the 4th quarters. All the best coaching will not help if the players can’t make shots. Patience, Patience will be the key and trying to enjoy watching basketball at it’s finest. Go Bulls!!!

4 hours ago, promotherobot said:

This team is just dreadful. But it's starting from almost zero and we're dealing with the transfer portal. So I'm not down on Coach Burke but I hope to see some growth and improvement. That said, I don't know what the future of mid-majors holds. If your best players keep leaving how do you ever build a program?

So long as players can’t transfer carte blanche (multiple times with no sit outs) this will eventually even out. Mid majors will poach lower level schools and players will transfer down from P5. But when coaches leave and leverage their team to come with them to get a better job, this is the result. 

Didn’t want to start a new thread for the latest atrocity but UBWBB went down 12-0 right out of the gate. Had some decent looks but just cannot score. Rhode Island is having their way with the bulls so far. They could hang 100 on these ladies unless RI goes deep into their bench early