Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

WBB vs Ball State

skrabukes

53 minutes ago, bullsbball said:

I couldn't agree more. Whatever Sallee said to the officials about the intentional foul, he did it "nicely" and "quietly". Coach Burke probably felt they were "only" listening to him. And he seemed to win his case.  Probably an immature reaction on her part. I'm sure she said something to him (unprofessionally) in the handshake line that cause him to go back at her. Coach Burke probably could have handled that better.

Hurley, on the other hand, was usually very vocal towards the officials. Saw a month ago, Hurley was tossed with a double technical in one game.

As I've said before, from where I was sitting, I didn't see anything related to the Intentional Foul. Not saying it didn't happen. I just didn't see it. I assume the officials saw something since they went to the video replay. They wouldn't have just made it up. It would have been nice to see a replay in the Arena for the fans to judge.

Hopefully Coach Burke will learn from this game when coming up against coaches like Sallee and not only taking the pulse of the team but learning how to handle and talk to the officials and not let another coach dictate how a game is officiated. After going up against one of the better teams in the MAC Coach Burke will come up with some different offensive schemes hopefully but with a limited roster.