Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Season Predictions

How do you guys think this season will go? Predictions on breakout players? Any predicted strengths or weaknesses? Potential upsets or loses? I figured it would be interesting to discuss this before the season starts. 

Personally I see us as having a pretty similar season to last year, getting in the 6-7 win range during the regular season and potentially winning a bowl game. Personally I think we are a bit outmatched against Wisconsin. The key is our out of conference play, Louisiana and Liberty will be good tests that are on a similar level. If we can win those 2 games and not pull a Holy Cross game against Fordham, we will have good momentum into conference play. I think our strength will be our run game, with a lot of returning production and a strong offensive line. I’m not a huge fan of Cole Snyder as a passer, and he doesn’t have a lot of proven weapons this year. I’m hoping Nik McMillan can breakout this year, as a fellow Monsignor Martin League kid. I really like our d-line and linebacker corps, but I am very nervous about how our defensive backs will hold up, although hopefully Fuqua has another great season. Overall, I see another step in the right direction for Coach Mo and hopefully we can win the MAC East and beat last season’s win total!

Edited by Ubbullsfan09

Here is what I am looking at. I will preface that I am a very optimistic fan 😂. I also think some of our (perceived) tougher conference games are at home (Ohio, Central Michigan). I am at 10-2. I could see Liberty, Louisiana, Kent and Ohio going the other direction, which would come to 6-6. I would be very disappointed if all 4 of those went the wrong way and that's where we ended up.

Wisconsin - L

Fordham - W

Liberty - W

Louisiana - W

Akron - W

Central Michigan - W

Bowling Green - W

Kent St. - W

Toledo - L

Ohio - W

Miami (OH) - W

Eastern Michigan - W

Realistically I can see 7-5 with W’s vs Fordham, Liberty, Akron, CMU, BG, Kent & EMU.

If I’m being a bit more optimistic, I could see a W at home vs Ohio and maybe steal another one @ Louisiana or @ Miami to get to 9-3.  I think that kind of improvement over last year will depend on the D being more consistent and not giving up so many big plays, and taking advantage of our depth at RB to control the clock.  Not too confident that Snyder will match last year’s production given that he lost 2 solid WR’s in Marshall & Q. Williams. As they say, time will tell.  

Edited by Bluebird96