Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Drexel/UB women on Saturday

John

What will we see after the Stonybrook debacle?? Drexel is another team with decent size with three players averaging 14 to 10 a game. Seems like they are more of a defensive/rebounding team and only averaging 59 a game and giving up 50 per game. Should be a better matchup for us but that is why they have to play the game. Hope the coaching staff had a lot of teachable moments form the last game. Go Bulls!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, John said:

What will we see after the Stonybrook debacle?? Drexel is another team with decent size with three players averaging 14 to 10 a game. Seems like they are more of a defensive/rebounding team and only averaging 59 a game and giving up 50 per game. Should be a better matchup for us but that is why they have to play the game. Hope the coaching staff had a lot of teachable moments form the last game. Go Bulls!!!

I expect a better performance. Wonder if there was yelling or making people feel sad at practice, hopefully no talk of toxic environments yet.

This is definitely a favorable matchup compared to Stony Brook Drexel does not have multiple athletic players 6'2+.  Our guards should be able to get paint points and draw fouls as that has been a clear emphasis so far this season by Burke. Drexel seems to be perimeter focused as a team having only 55FT attempts in 6 games.  If the team plays solid defense with out early fouls and rebounding then I'm expecting a win by +15.  

Tough finish needed either Rana or Ogden to produce in this one. Also the freshman Alexis did not convert her FTs. They did not communicate well defending switch on the post entry. Watson kept getting switched on the post in the paint. On the positive side the other freshman Lewis-Williams had another good game. I have confidence Coach Burke and the team will figure out how to win on the road. 

45 minutes ago, Blue03 said:

Tough loss, but in coach’s second season look at the improvement. They were never close to Drexel AT HOME last year, pretty sure they didn’t even score 40. Still trending up

Agree, I’ll take the results Burke has had so far any day over what we’re going through with MBB.

WBB lost to Drexel 53-35 last season so played a much more competitive game this year and on the road no less.  With a deeper rotation this year it will be interesting to see how much progress the Bulls can make during MAC play.