Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB WBB vs Eastern Michigan 6pm

EMU has 3 athletic forwards 6’2”+  that are active rebounders they keep two on the floor running a lot of post 2 post actions. Size and athleticism in the post is a weakness in our roster so Johnson, Davis and Ogden have to box out and stay out of foul trouble. Pushing pace and paint touches by our guards hopefully will lead to easy points and EMUs posts collecting fouls. I think Rana matches up really well to have a good game same with Lopez. Limit extra possession, stay out of foul trouble and keep TOs below 10 we win🤘🏽

56 minutes ago, NC_UBfan said:

EMU has 3 athletic forwards 6’2”+  that are active rebounders they keep two on the floor running a lot of post 2 post actions. Size and athleticism in the post is a weakness in our roster so Johnson, Davis and Ogden have to box out and stay out of foul trouble. Pushing pace and paint touches by our guards hopefully will lead to easy points and EMUs posts collecting fouls. I think Rana matches up really well to have a good game same with Lopez. Limit extra possession, stay out of foul trouble and keep TOs below 10 we win🤘🏽

I seen that also. The bigs average between 9 to 7 points a game but do shoot over 75% from the line. EMU only averages 57 a game and give up 67. Do agree if we can stay out of foul trouble and hit some three’s and mid jumpers it should be a positive outcome. Go Bulls!!

Lots to be happy about here. KLW had the best game of her season/career. 21 points, 8 assists, shot 67% from the floor, 90% FT. Rana is back to taking shots and hitting them. The extra effort from Ginés and KLW is very evident watching the game, even if it isn't in the box score. Double-double from Watson. UB shot 80% from the charity stripe, while EMU shot 47%. UB also did a great job on defense, forcing EMU to take bad shots at the end of the shot clock or forcing a shot clock violation.

15 hours ago, rma said:

Lots to be happy about here. KLW had the best game of her season/career. 21 points, 8 assists, shot 67% from the floor, 90% FT. Rana is back to taking shots and hitting them. The extra effort from Ginés and KLW is very evident watching the game, even if it isn't in the box score. Double-double from Watson. UB shot 80% from the charity stripe, while EMU shot 47%. UB also did a great job on defense, forcing EMU to take bad shots at the end of the shot clock or forcing a shot clock violation.

One player that I think will make a big leap next season is Alexis Davis. She is a bit raw, but she has fire in her belly. Get her a few more moves on the block and play a little more straight up D to stay out of foul trouble, she will be a very nice added piece. Also, 2 more really solid adds to the roster coming in. Let's hope a P5 school doesn't throw a bag of NIL money at Watson over the summer for her final season.

4 hours ago, UBinMD said:

One player that I think will make a big leap next season is Alexis Davis. She is a bit raw, but she has fire in her belly. Get her a few more moves on the block and play a little more straight up D to stay out of foul trouble, she will be a very nice added piece. Also, 2 more really solid adds to the roster coming in. Let's hope a P5 school doesn't throw a bag of NIL money at Watson over the summer for her final season.

Do agree with the Davis assessment. She has a knack for rebounding and being in the right place. Staying out of foul trouble and becoming  more under control and confident on the offensive end will be the key. I thought Watson was done with her transfers?? The key will be for Coach Burke and staff to keep players from leaving and any recruits coming in to stay at UB. Just did not know what we were getting with this team but very happy we have one team that is competitive.

13 minutes ago, John said:

I thought Watson was done with her transfers?? The key will be for Coach Burke and staff to keep players from leaving and any recruits coming in to stay at UB.

Grad students have unlimited transfers.

Agreed on the second part though, as we saw the exodus last year and in the offseason. The last two WBB Freshmen of the Year transferred after winning the award (2021-22 Woolley to Cuse, 2022-23 Sydney Harris to TCU). Last year 3 of the 5 MAC All-Freshman Team transferred, though one did stay in the MAC. As we all know, if the current results hold we have the MAC Freshman of the year playing in Buffalo.

3 hours ago, rma said:

Grad students have unlimited transfers.

Agreed on the second part though, as we saw the exodus last year and in the offseason. The last two WBB Freshmen of the Year transferred after winning the award (2021-22 Woolley to Cuse, 2022-23 Sydney Harris to TCU). Last year 3 of the 5 MAC All-Freshman Team transferred, though one did stay in the MAC. As we all know, if the current results hold we have the MAC Freshman of the year playing in Buffalo.

I discount Wooley a bit since she was just following her coach, but certainly a thing to keep in mind with those numbers. KLW has been truly amazing and I would say more impactful than Wooley as a freshman. Hopefully we finish strong and can keep the team together. I also saw there were a couple former players in attendance from last season so that’s always nice.

13 hours ago, UBinMD said:

I discount Wooley a bit since she was just following her coach, but certainly a thing to keep in mind with those numbers. KLW has been truly amazing and I would say more impactful than Wooley as a freshman. Hopefully we finish strong and can keep the team together. I also saw there were a couple former players in attendance from last season so that’s always nice.

I guess I am confused about the transfer portal. I thought there was the covid transfer one time and one other transfer for a player without sitting out a year. I thought after that a player could transfer but has to sit out a year. I did not think there was unlimited transfers. Maybe this is not the forum to bring all of what the NCAA rules are.

3 minutes ago, John said:

I guess I am confused about the transfer portal. I thought there was the covid transfer one time and one other transfer for a player without sitting out a year. I thought after that a player could transfer but has to sit out a year. I did not think there was unlimited transfers. Maybe this is not the forum to bring all of what the NCAA rules are.

Once you graduate (BS or BA degree) and you are a grad student, there are unlimited transfers.

Also, if your former school signs off, you can be eligible immediately. Last season USC Upstate would not sign off on Watson's transfer, so she had to sit the year.

13 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Also, if your former school signs off, you can be eligible immediately. Last season USC Upstate would not sign off on Watson's transfer, so she had to sit the year.

It’s the NCAA, not the previous school. In the past, comments from the previous school could be used by the NCAA to help determine if they were to approve a transfer waiver.

8 minutes ago, rma said:

It’s the NCAA, not the previous school. In the past, comments from the previous school could be used by the NCAA to help determine if they were to approve a transfer waiver.

In USC Upstate's case, they did not put in a good word for the transfer. Plus the NCAA is all over the map, so nobody really knows. Wooley should not have been able to play, but she did.