Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

WBB @ Kent St | 1:00 Sat 3/2/24 | ESPN+

That was a winnable game missed an opportunity to ruin Kent St. senior night. Lots of emotions in the first 3min of the game UB did not match the energy until the 6min mark. 
Too many missed contested  layup opportunities. Not enough hight to deal with Kents front court. They have not learned how to beat the top 3 yet but they are very close. 

Posted (edited)

Would’ve been nice to pull off the upset but doesn’t matter much for seeding as we probably wouldn’t have caught Kent anyway for the 3.

BG won today to pull even with UB again at 9-7, and WMU lost to fall into a tie with Ohio at 7-9.  So 1 more win and UB will be locked in to the 4/5 game vs BG

Edited by Bluebird96

20 hours ago, NC_UBfan said:

That was a winnable game missed an opportunity to ruin Kent St. senior night. Lots of emotions in the first 3min of the game UB did not match the energy until the 6min mark. 
Too many missed contested  layup opportunities. Not enough hight to deal with Kents front court. They have not learned how to beat the top 3 yet but they are very close. 

Missed layups seem to be their nemesis all year. I am sure they are practicing that and the coaches are preaching that. Do agree it looks like we would have to play the perfect game to beat the top three teams and of course get officiating that is not slanted toward the top three teams. The AD’s can say that officials are held accountable but sadly I have not seen that to be the case. 

14 minutes ago, John said:

Missed layups seem to be their nemesis all year. I am sure they are practicing that and the coaches are preaching that. Do agree it looks like we would have to play the perfect game to beat the top three teams and of course get officiating that is not slanted toward the top three teams. The AD’s can say that officials are held accountable but sadly I have not seen that to be the case. 

I don’t believe we have ever had the advantage with officiating home or away. I think Buffalo is still seen as the outsider in this league if you can believe that.