Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB women @ VCU

Disappointing loss today to good a Rams team. Led the entire game. Couldn't take advantage of a VCU 4Q drought. Instead our drought let the Rams catch us in the final minute. Would have been a signature win for a tournament at-large bid. Instead a missed opportunity.

Edited by promotherobot

Too much dribble, dribble, dribble, fire in the final stretch, in my opinion. It didn't work anyhow, as the team had many empty trips down the stretch. I'm still hoping that Summer comes back soon, as she surely would've made a difference. A couple of great time out inbounds play calls by Coach FLJ allowing for a catch and shoot 3/made by Christie and then a layup opportunity for Adeyaya.

10 hours ago, skrabukes said:

Too much dribble, dribble, dribble, fire in the final stretch, in my opinion. It didn't work anyhow, as the team had many empty trips down the stretch. I'm still hoping that Summer comes back soon, as she surely would've made a difference. A couple of great time out inbounds play calls by Coach FLJ allowing for a catch and shoot 3/made by Christie and then a layup opportunity for Adeyaya.

Just a couple games into the year it is difficult to make any assumptions about how the year will play out. Very concerned about the status of Summer and not sure if we are getting the truth about her status. It looks like if we don’t get above average games from both Fair and Hall it could spell a long, long year. Way to much one on one play from players. Do not understand the number of minutes for Schaffer who has not shown any shot improvement from last year averaging 17 minutes and 1-10 from the field. Still do not understand the coach speak of players have to just keep shooting. That only will help the team if they can make some shots. Players that can’t shoot have to be able to help the team in other ways. With Summer possibly not being able to play hope to see some improvement from some of the other players as the year progresses. Go Bulls!!

Yes, this game should have been a win but VCU is still a very strong team. I do not think there is any danger of a "long, long year."

As for the rotation, Coach Jack always uses the early part of the season to play the players on the roster. At this point, you have to figure out what you have and how to use it. This occurred early on during some of the MAC championship seasons and I remember ppl worrying about it then as well. FLJ usually settles into a 7-8 player rotation at some point during MAC play.

12 hours ago, TML1000 said:

Yes, this game should have been a win but VCU is still a very strong team. I do not think there is any danger of a "long, long year."

As for the rotation, Coach Jack always uses the early part of the season to play the players on the roster. At this point, you have to figure out what you have and how to use it. This occurred early on during some of the MAC championship seasons and I remember ppl worrying about it then as well. FLJ usually settles into a 7-8 player rotation at some point during MAC play.

Do agree. I have not given up on the team’s potential. Does anyone know or have heard about Summer’s status.Is Summer at practice and does she have a knee brace on?? The team does need to have more contributions from players other than Fair to have a successful season and just hope we can see improvement from many of the players. Go Bulls!!!

On 12/6/2020 at 5:09 PM, TML1000 said:

Yes it's Canisius but Summer looked to be moving well...had a few drives from the top of the key. Hopefully by the new year she will be able to play 25-30 mins per game.

Great news about Summer. Can only hope her knee holds up and she will be able to play more as the year goes on. Go Bulls!!