Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Predict UB regular season victories

UB92

Predict UB regular season victories  

34 members have voted

1. 1. How many regular season victories (29 games) will UB have this year? Season starts with Michigan on 11/10.

• 25 - 29; Nate who? Whitesell is the man.
    • 21 - 24; UB justifies the optimism that many feel about this season.
    • 17 - 20; Okay season, but some unexpected losses. Questions remain.
    • 13 - 16; Something bad happened (injuries, regression, coaching, etc.)
    • 12 wins and under; Yikes...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/2021 at 12:00 AM

43 minutes ago, 121Merrimac said:

Which bothers folks more, loses to poorly rated Canisius and Miami...  Or, losing by a bucket to more respectable foes in Austin and Bonaventure?  For me its the former, because beating North Texas by a bucket cancels out the close loses to some extent. 

The loss to Canisius and home loss to Miami will most likely define this season. I hope I am wrong.

29 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Winning mac titles. Sorry for the dick response. But I think winning 20 games is a poor goal to shoot for and a poor measure of how successful a program is. Especially in a day and age when we can’t even fill a full schedule with D1 opponents. End of the week is this season gonna be remembered for losses to Canisius/Bona/SFA so on? Or will it be remembered by what happens in Cleveland? If we win in Cleveland will anyone care that we lost to local rivals? 

Going forward measure the program by, is it perennially a contender to win a mac title in its “down” years and does it win a title(s) in its “good” year(s).

While I agree with you, this poll was limited to the regular season.  I thought they would win 21 of 29.  They could have done that with a bucket against SFA and another versus Canisius.  That would have left them with a close loss to a regional rival and a dumpster fire against Miami.  Both of which you kind of expect to happen from a mid major sometime during the season.  So, they were only 2 buckets from my prediction.  Not that I'm happy about it, btw.  Actually, I'm just reinforcing your point.  I don't think my confidence would be any different, if they had 21 Ws, than it feels right now.

7 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

They also could have done it with Covid games being rescheduled.

The poll had listed 29 regular season games...and the Bulls played 29 regular season games.  So I don't know if in November I miscounted or we replaced games or what, but the initial poll said "out of 29 regular season games".  I suspect if I mentioned a different number, the wins average would have changed.

1 hour ago, UB92 said:

The poll had listed 29 regular season games...and the Bulls played 29 regular season games.  So I don't know if in November I miscounted or we replaced games or what, but the initial poll said "out of 29 regular season games".  I suspect if I mentioned a different number, the wins average would have changed.

The 29 regular season games was excluding the non-D1 opponents, I thought.  So for complete accuracy we were 17-10, with best case scenario 19-10 if we win both lost games. Either way in the "Okay season, but some unexpected losses. Questions remain" category.