Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Bowling Green/UB women’s game

John

Great ending to a great home season 14-1 home season!!! Another great team win with Fair only scoring 2 points. Good games by all players to compensate for Fair’s off game. UB’s defensive intensity rally picked up at the start of the 3rd quarter really shutting down Bowling Green’s 3 point shooting. The most enthusiastic crowd of the year and looking forward to Cleveland. Can anyone answer the question on final MAC standings?? It shows Ohio in 8th spot playing Toledo in Cleveland. Final MAC standings show Kent State in 6th but not making the tourney with Ohio at 9-10 and in 9th spot?? Did I miss something?? Go Bulls!!!

11 minutes ago, John said:

Great ending to a great home season 14-1 home season!!! Another great team win with Fair only scoring 2 points. Good games by all players to compensate for Fair’s off game. UB’s defensive intensity rally picked up at the start of the 3rd quarter really shutting down Bowling Green’s 3 point shooting. The most enthusiastic crowd of the year and looking forward to Cleveland. Can anyone answer the question on final MAC standings?? It shows Ohio in 8th spot playing Toledo in Cleveland. Final MAC standings show Kent State in 6th but not making the tourney with Ohio at 9-10 and in 9th spot?? Did I miss something?? Go Bulls!!!

Yes,  the MAC has silly rules for determining seeding/champions when unequal schedules are concerned. A 9-10 team getting in over a 10-10 team is the very reason why all games should have been played/rescheduled.  It could've gotten stupid on  the men's side also but unfortunately we didn't take care of a win or two this week. They evidently don't count the missed game, so their 9-10 = 10-10. If I'm kent, I'm certainly going crazy. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Yes,  the MAC has silly rules for determining seeding/champions when unequal schedules are concerned. A 9-10 team getting in over a 10-10 team is the very reason why all games should have been played/rescheduled.  It could've gotten stupid on  the men's side also but unfortunately we didn't take care of a win or two this week. They evidently don't count the missed game, so their 9-10 = 10-10. If I'm kent, I'm certainly going crazy. 

They should have just gone by win percentage. I don’t think anyone understood why the sudden change. Had that been the known rule perhaps there would’ve been a better effort to reschedule games.

1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

They should have just gone by win percentage. I don’t think anyone understood why the sudden change. Had that been the known rule perhaps there would’ve been a better effort to reschedule games.

I guess it is a moot point now and I was probably not deciphering all the rules the MAC came up with but my opinion it is asinine and the supposed intellectuals had their heads in the clouds. Again if that was their reasoning all games should of been made up. Stupid is as stupid does. Go Bulls!!!

• Like 1