Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2022-2023 [Men's] Roster

Jeseph

1 hour ago, FordTime35 said:

Hope the link works but I got a feeling Kuluel Mading First Team MAC 22-23

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChK1rttA3x4/?hl=en

Shows shooting touch and ball handling I didn't expect from someone his height.  This team has some athletic bigs that may present some challenges for the MAC.  Curious to see where Kenpom, Sagarin and Massey put this team, as I think Barttorvik seriously underestimates them.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, FordTime35 said:

Hope the link works but I got a feeling Kuluel Mading First Team MAC 22-23

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChK1rttA3x4/?hl=en

Kuluel has been a workout/highlight star since he first came on our radar as a recruit. It's good to see him continuing to expand his rather unique size skill set. However, to my eye he looked lost in competitive live-fire D1 minutes last year. Here's hoping the game slows down for him this season and his obvious talent can show through. He should at least be able to provide some room protecting minutes at the 4 (he did flash some last year) while seeing if the offense comes around.

14 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

Shows shooting touch and ball handling I didn't expect from someone his height.  This team has some athletic bigs that may present some challenges for the MAC.  Curious to see where Kenpom, Sagarin and Massey put this team, as I think Barttorvik seriously underestimates them.

Agreed. This is our deepest roster since 2019 and also the most interesting to me. I imagine practices with this group are intense and a strong starting five should emerge from the internal competition. Especially with the three guard spots, between C Jones, Foster, Ceaser, K Jones, Blocker, Powell it should be our most well-rounded and physical rotation in years. 

My really early bold prediction is Curtis Jones turns into a borderline star by March. He showed great feel and calmness as his minutes increased, plus a reliable outside shooting stroke. From IG pictures it looks like his 6'5 length has matured physically in the off-season, so I'm expecting another jump from him. Plus his buddies from Minneapolis are a bunch of fun high-major guys so he knows there's another level to reach. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MuchMany said:

Kuluel has been a workout/highlight star since he first came on our radar as a recruit. It's good to see him continuing to expand his rather unique size skill set. However, to my eye he looked lost in competitive live-fire D1 minutes last year. Here's hoping the game slows down for him this season and his obvious talent can show through. He should at least be able to provide some room protecting minutes at the 4 (he did flash some last year) while seeing if the offense comes around.

Agreed. This is our deepest roster since 2019 and also the most interesting to me. I imagine practices with this group are intense and a strong starting five should emerge from the internal competition. Especially with the three guard spots, between C Jones, Foster, Ceaser, K Jones, Blocker, Powell it should be our most well-rounded and physical rotation in years. 

My really early bold prediction is Curtis Jones turns into a borderline star by March. He showed great feel and calmness as his minutes increased, plus a reliable outside shooting stroke. From IG pictures it looks like his 6'5 length has matured physically in the off-season, so I'm expecting another jump from him. Plus his buddies from Minneapolis are a bunch of fun high-major guys so he knows there's another level to reach. 

I noticed Jones was featured on the UBBulls site when the MAC schedule was announced. Maybe they are priming him as the leader of this group. I echo the sentiments that this seems to be a talent laden roster, so I hope they can put it all together in competition.

• Like 3