Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

MAC...soon to be 11th best conference in FBS

UB92

2 hours ago, UB92 said:

This confirms that the MAC is fine to just stay where they are. I think most of the schools in the conference are fine with that. I really think UB could and should do better. We have more to offer if we had the right affiliation. That would bring alumni money, better players, ability to pay coaches better, etc. We would likely still lose coaches to other school, everyone other than Alabama is in that same boat pretty much. The difference is when we lose a good coach, we need to find another diamond in the rough. For schools that can pay $3+ million, they just reload with another quality coach (most of the time). Hopefully ADMA is at least exploring a move up, even if it's a small move and not the BIG10

Good luck with this idea.  Before this can even begin they will need TV deals with guaranteed airtime on real channels ass opposed to streaming.  Even with ten more teams, eventually, are they going to get bowl slots of their own.  No existing conference is going to give up a slot.  There are already 80+ teams in bowl games, Is there room for more bowl games?  Bowls expand only of CBS and Fox create new bowl games for CBS Sports network and FS1 and FS2.  Are they putting up the money for new bowl games?  Will they sell enough ads to cover expenses and make a few dollars.

17 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Hopefully ADMA is at least exploring a move up, even if it's a small move and not the BIG10

Is there a small move that makes sense geographically or financially?  Do we replace Nebraska if they go back to the Big XXI?  Do we replace UCLA if the California Regents votes down the move?

5 hours ago, UBinMD said:

This confirms that the MAC is fine to just stay where they are. I think most of the schools in the conference are fine with that. I really think UB could and should do better. We have more to offer if we had the right affiliation. That would bring alumni money, better players, ability to pay coaches better, etc. We would likely still lose coaches to other school, everyone other than Alabama is in that same boat pretty much. The difference is when we lose a good coach, we need to find another diamond in the rough. For schools that can pay $3+ million, they just reload with another quality coach (most of the time). Hopefully ADMA is at least exploring a move up, even if it's a small move and not the BIG10

You can't move up if no one wants you.