Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Khalil Mack

martin84

3 minutes ago, RapidsFan said:

If UB wanted any chance of similar funding for a new stadium, they would have partnered with the Bills and lobbied for either a domed stadium downtown or at UB North.

Well our disgraced ex-governor killed that. UB was open to it. I did not like it (ever been to a Temple game?), but it makes more sense than Orchard Park. Orchard Park is in the middle of the snow belt, less central for the WNY population, very little public transportation, and not a lot of highways which makes entrance and exit awful. As much as I hate the idea of people jumping through flaming tables on the campus of a university with an exceptional reputation on Sundays, it's better than parking lots in Orchard Park being empty 350 days of the year.

4 minutes ago, RapidsFan said:

Could have similarly got public funding for a Metro Rail extension to UB North/airport/etc.

I hope that someday my (future) grandkids will be able to attend the grand opening of the metrorail expansion that costs $100 billion and 50 years from shovel in the ground to train running through.

47 minutes ago, RapidsFan said:

UB moving to D-I was a complete fluke that no one was asking for.

Not true. Within weeks of UB dropping to D-III in 1977 people were already talking about UB getting back to the D-I level.  When the Run to Division I was put into effect the idea was to go what was then D-IAA football.  The building of the stadium for the World University Games was the key to getting back to Division I.

What was not planned was the move to D-IA, that was decided when President Greiner got the offer to move into the MAC.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DaBulls99 said:

Like I said, it’s not one or the other. You can do both. 

The previous comment sounded more like they were frivolously spending on an educational facility instead of removing the track and replacing the scoreboard. Anyway, the way the portal is shaping up, we may not have a team left. Now we are losing Mo’s class, 4 of 2022 are now in the portal. They were highly rated, didn’t win anything, now they are leaving.