Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Season Tickets

12 hours ago, bullsbball said:

My parking passes arrived a few days ago. My season tickets were also automatically renewed but I don't think my Blue and White donation (to get the parking passes) was. I had to make that separately.

That was the exact same case with me. I had to pay my donation separately, while my season tickets renewed automatically. I’ve yet to receive my parking pass 

On 10/22/2023 at 1:03 PM, MuchMany said:

I imagine anyone who has yet to receive their parking passes can just go to the lot and explain that to the attendant. Doubt it'll be a full house. 

The 4 state workers guarded each lot entrance as if it was Fort Knox. Had to make sure the 1000 people in attendance parked in the proper lots. Much like the attendants in the green shirts who kicked numerous people out of the 100 level seats into the endzones, for the scrimmage. Way to make those students feel welcome (likely in their first game attended), even though 101-105 was maybe 1/3 filled at the most.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, skrabukes said:

The 4 state workers guarded each lot entrance as if it was Fort Knox. Had to make sure the 1000 people in attendance parked in the proper lots. Much like the attendants in the green shirts who kicked numerous people out of the 100 level seats into the endzones, for the scrimmage. Way to make those students feel welcome (likely in their first game attended), even though 101-105 was maybe 1/3 filled at the most.

The state (parking lot) people were just doing their job. If they let you park there for this game, you might think you could always park there. If you had a parking pass and couldn't get a space, you would have a problem with that. They leave shortly after tipoff if you want to avoid them.

About the "green shirts", the event staff has new management this year. They always did kick students out of the 100's if it's obvious it isn't their seats. If I went to my seats and found somebody sitting in them, I wouldn't be happy.

I got a "talking to" by the new head events person at volleyball because I was standing in a "prohibited" space (way far) behind the end line. 

Both are just doing their jobs.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bullsbball said:

The state (parking lot) people were just doing their job. If they let you park there for this game, you might think you could always park there. If you had a parking pass and couldn't get a space, you would have a problem with that. They leave shortly after tipoff if you want to avoid them.

About the "green shirts", the event staff has new management this year. They always did kick students out of the 100's if it's obvious it isn't their seats. If I went to my seats and found somebody sitting in them, I wouldn't be happy.

I got a "talking to" by the new head events person at volleyball because I was standing in a "prohibited" space (way far) behind the end line. 

Both are just doing their jobs.

Is the event staff change also why football is being picky about seating? As a student bringing guests Ticketmaster only allows me to buy tickets in section 131 (most south section of the east end). I’ve never had a problem sitting on the west end with my family, but this year they’ve been insistent on us moving over there. I’d like for my guests to be able to hear the band and such, so it’s kind of annoying. 

13 hours ago, skrabukes said:

Everything about the gameday experience for football and basketball has continually worsened over the past 4-5 years.

FYI

https://ubbulls.com/news/2023/8/17/general-ub-announces-additions-to-facility-operations-staff.aspx

I have a friend that worked as Event Staff last year at basketball and football. He (and others) resigned after the recent staffing changes. He said the previous staff was very relaxed. I'll agree with him since I usually came in courtside near the band, and they were usually there. A few times, there were technical issues with my electronic ticket (no internet inside the building) and they still let me in.

My friend said he was also never told to check people's tickets when they were sitting in their seats.

4 hours ago, bullsbball said:

My friend said he was also never told to check people's tickets when they were sitting in their seats.

I complained last year about being made to sit in my assigned (men's) seat for a women's side of a double header. Guess I won't be trying that this year.

For football this year the parking lot attendant did not allow me to park in my preferred lot, Alumni B. I was told to park in Alumni A and to move to the far corner to allow other cars to fill in. The second game I was allowed to park where I wanted after the parking lot attendants realized this was not a Bills game.

7 hours ago, rma said:

I complained last year about being made to sit in my assigned (men's) seat for a women's side of a double header. Guess I won't be trying that this year.

For football this year the parking lot attendant did not allow me to park in my preferred lot, Alumni B. I was told to park in Alumni A and to move to the far corner to allow other cars to fill in. The second game I was allowed to park where I wanted after the parking lot attendants realized this was not a Bills game.

General Admission seating during a women's game. Reserved seats for the men. They usually make an announcement near the end of the women's game to move to your reserved seat for the Men's game.

On 10/24/2023 at 6:38 AM, bullsbball said:

Speaking of doing their job, if the folks sending out parking passes had done theirs, none of the problems you're responding to would have transpired.

Re: overzealous lot attendants, ushers and their bosses, I would hope "doing their job" entails being understanding and tactful when dealing with good-faith UB fans whose interest in the school's athletics are the only reason they're on the job.