Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB WBB vs Niagara 11/14 6pm

NC_UBfan

The women are back at Alumni looking to stay undefeated at home against Big 4 NU. That was a tough road loss to ODU hard to over come a 2:1 foul call disparity by the refs, just awful officiating. They did themselves no favors by getting out rebounded, TOs, poor FTs(63%) and poor 3PT(18%) yet with 3min in the 4th it was a one possession game.  Rana and the freshman Lewis-Williams kept them in the game offensively and even more importantly defensively. Rana's on ball pressure on the perimeter will have her in the top 5 steals in conference. Same can be said for Lewis-Williams perimeter D plus her size 5' 10" allowed her to switch and deny the post as well assist weakside help.  Watson (2-8)and Ogden(0-6) both can't have off days at the same time.  NU lost to a close one to Duquesne shot  55% from 3PT(11-20) I doubt Coach B allows that type of shooting performance on Tuesday.  This should be a decisive win!

Edited by NC_UBfan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well the two players that didn’t show up against ODU Watson and Ogden are showing out 12pts and 14pts respectively at half. Lewis-Williams and Rana have had some opportunities but need to pick it up to have a opportunity to win. Against the constant full press of NU only 6TOs at half. First off the bench freshmen players Lopez and Davis are handling the pressure well. Close them out and get this dub!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

Impressive 3rd quarter to open a 12-Pt lead heading for the 4th.  Big games so far for Watson (20 pts), Ogden (18) and the freshman Davis (11)

That was a nice overall game, should finish 20+ win. Really impressed with the freshmen on this team so far. Lopez has some pretty slick dribbling. If Watson and Ogden can consistently get to 15-16 each every night, there is enough around them to win a lot of games. Would like to see Burton play a bit more. Seems like she could be another complimentary piece.

I was very impressed they could break the half court press fairly easily nearly every time. The box score doesn't show it, but I thought UB went right to the basket when they broke it and either got fouled or scored on a layup. Nice play by all the guards.

Watson got called for another lane violation while shooting a FT. She has a runners stance at the line with her right foot on the line and her left about 2-3 feet behind it. Then, when she shoots she moved her left foot up towards (or over) the line.

This game might have changed my opinion on this team.

The Dazzlers have another new addition. A Bull. Nice routine, Victor. 

15 minutes ago, bullsbball said:

I was very impressed they could break the half court press fairly easily nearly every time. The box score doesn't show it, but I thought UB went right to the basket when they broke it and either got fouled or scored on a layup. Nice play by all the guards.

Watson got called for another lane violation while shooting a FT. She has a runners stance at the line with her right foot on the line and her left about 2-3 feet behind it. Then, when she shoots she moved her left foot up towards (or over) the line.

This game might have changed my opinion on this team.

The Dazzlers have another new addition. A Bull. Nice routine, Victor. 

My favorite part is the Dazzler updates. Thanks again for the perspective on her FT shooting. Something to clean up. Hate giving away points.

I really like Rana’s game too. She is very calm, good distribution and good handles. Lopez has some flair too as a dribbler. Could be a good team. Maybe ODU was a good game to get on tape and fix some issues. This was a good Niagara team, one of the better I have seen in several years.

Only three games in but this 2023 freshman class has shown they can play and will be relied on. Davis had a breakout game today w/first DD 15pts/10reb; Lewis-Williams again double figures scoring in each game w/11pts could have been more 50%FTs has to improve;Lopez is due for a breakout game shots just not falling again but she handled the NU press with ease   have not seen a lot of Take or Wangolo yet.  

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

That was a nice overall game, should finish 20+ win. Really impressed with the freshmen on this team so far. Lopez has some pretty slick dribbling. If Watson and Ogden can consistently get to 15-16 each every night, there is enough around them to win a lot of games. Would like to see Burton play a bit more. Seems like she could be another complimentary piece.

Agree with many of the comments on the game. We seen the first game against Daemen and this game was a 100% difference by the entire team. The team with Watson handling the ball along with the other guards were impressive breaking the press. With many of the players being underclassmen if they continue to improve this could be a very interesting year. Very impressed with their free throw shooting 31-39!! Coach Burke did say the team followed the game plan to perfection so kudos go to the entire coaching staff and players. One note that could of affected the game was that Angel Parker was not dressed for the game and think it was some kind of injury. The other Parker sister was very impressive again and was impressed with UB’s  Davis who had 15 points and 10 rebounds and is a presence down low. Finally a glimmer of hope for us sports fans as our men,both the Sabres and Bills have gone to the dogs and look like no hope for any improvement. Will be there tomorrow to see if the men show any semblance of improvement. Go Bulls!!!

• Like 2