Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Nikita Tyukalo (2024 SG - WA)

Looks like the staff offered Nikita Tyukalo before Christmas, the first D1 school to do so. He's a 6'7 SG/wing from Seattle.

He plays for a "prep school" that was created to let kids play outside of covid regulations, but as far as I can tell it's not even a school just a hoops team. He has a sophomore teammate ranked top 50 in his class, so there are eyes on his team. Followed by Presutti on X.

Seems like a good outside shooter with some handles, bounce, and energy on D. Staff is going after some tall shooting wings based on this and Brayden Jackson's recruitment.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Bluebird96 said:

Looks like his range from behind the arc is no issue.  Would seem to be a good find if we can get him 

Between him, Doty, and Cooper it seems like the staff is definitely targeting shooting and guard scoring. I am a bit surprised there aren't more offers for him among West Coast mid majors.

Edited by MuchMany

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Tee4three said:

I’m betting the prep school he attended that was created to avoid Covid restrictions didn’t have their ducks in a row. If he can’t play for D1 or D2, he’s definitely missing some things that he can fill at JUCO. Nice to know how WOULD have come to Buffalo 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Whoa, had no idea he had committed. I really like his tape and had been quietly hoping he'd end up here. Bummer.

I never heard a commitment either. They likely knew there was a potential issue so didn’t announce until they had confirmation. Could have been a nice piece.

Just now, UBinMD said:

I never heard a commitment either. They likely knew there was a potential issue so didn’t announce until they had confirmation. Could have been a nice piece.

Yeah as much as I don't think we need another wing, he looked very talented. We were his only D1 offer so he's obviously not a world-beater, but maybe we keep the relationship up and he comes here in the future.

• Like 1