Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Next Coach In: Pete Lembo

Bill

20 hours ago, squad1321 said:

I understand the players are actually smiling in the locker room now...enjoying this new "culture".  #HornsUp🤘

Very exciting. A team praised for its talent in the top of the MAC recruiting classes now has a good coach having them play energetic ball with fun? That’s scary for other teams. 

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

Lembo has mentioned Lafayette several times already so I think he is keeping them from of mind as they prepare. He knows what can come up and bite you. I am also hopeful for a 1-0 start. 

As an ex-Lehigh coach, there is nothing bigger than beating Lafayette.

2 hours ago, promotherobot said:

I could be wrong but it's my opinion. When you play in a lower level conference, the talent level between teams is relatively the same. What decides whether you are a good team or a bad team is coaching. Game plan and execution wins games.

2 hours ago, promotherobot said:

I could be wrong but it's my opinion. When you play in a lower level conference, the talent level between teams is relatively the same. What decides whether you are a good team or a bad team is coaching. Game plan and execution wins games.

100% agree. Talent in the locker room wasn't the problem, talent on the sideline and in the booth was suspect. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth, watching the video clips at the UBBulls.com site has me a bit jazzed up for the upcoming football season.  I couldn't tell you the last time I was looking forward to football this far out.  Lembo has definitely created something...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ubbulls98 said:

For what it's worth, watching the video clips at the UBBulls.com site has me a bit jazzed up for the upcoming football season.  I couldn't tell you the last time I was looking forward to football this far out.  Lembo has definitely created something...

If nothing else, I love the personality he is showing and I would think that would rub off on the players. From what I heard, the last few years were not fun and very overbearing. If nothing else, hopefully these guys can play a little looser and let their abilities shine through. I'm not saying you shouldn't have discipline, but you need a balance or you are going lose guys mentally and you will see the product we had on the field last year.

I've been to two spring practices and can already see a huge difference between how things are run under Lembo compared to Mo.

Practices have been upbeat and he enjoys being a teacher and letting his coaches coach. He's going to get UB football back on track.

Btw, CJ Ogbonna looked really good during their scrimmage on Saturday and appears to be leading the QB battle.

Edited by Big 4 Hoops Blogger

1 minute ago, Big 4 Hoops Blogger said:

I've been to two spring practices and can already see a huge difference between how things are run under Lembo compared to Mo.

Practices have been upbeat and he enjoys being a teacher and letting his coaches coach. He's going to get UB football back on track.

Btw, CJ Ogbonna looked really good during their scrimmage on Saturday and appears to be leading the QB battle.

Was CJ able to throw with some level of accuracy or was it mainly a running attack? The one clip I saw from Nik McMillian's catch seemed to come from DiPillo.

Great to hear that there is a noticeable difference. I heard something similar from one of the player's dad's who was also in attendance.

3 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Was CJ able to throw with some level of accuracy or was it mainly a running attack? The one clip I saw from Nik McMillian's catch seemed to come from DiPillo.

Great to hear that there is a noticeable difference. I heard something similar from one of the player's dad's who was also in attendance.

Just mentioned this in the QB1 thread but Ogbonna looked solid on Saturday. He was whipping the ball around and connected on multiple deep balls to Taji Johnson for 50+ yard touchdowns. He also threw a TD to Victor Snow. It's clear they're testing his arm out during the spring.

10 minutes ago, Big 4 Hoops Blogger said:

Just mentioned this in the QB1 thread but Ogbonna looked solid on Saturday. He was whipping the ball around and connected on multiple deep balls to Taji Johnson for 50+ yard touchdowns. He also threw a TD to Victor Snow. It's clear they're testing his arm out during the spring.

Very nice, thanks for the info. I have heard that Victor Snow is very fast.