Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

WBB @ Miami-OH 2/7/24 @ 7pm

Next step for this team is to not play at the level of the competition.  The offensive  execution has been terrible missed layups, poor passes, lack of execution and too many fouls. Defensively they are playing extremely well. Let’s see if the half time adjustments are executed. 

28 minutes ago, NC_UBfan said:

Next step for this team is to not play at the level of the competition.  The offensive  execution has been terrible missed layups, poor passes, lack of execution and too many fouls. Defensively they are playing extremely well. Let’s see if the half time adjustments are executed. 

This is classic playing to the competition. Need a much better 4th quarter. 

7 minutes ago, NC_UBfan said:

Timely 3pt shooting by Ogden!!!

We needed that, but then gave it back with terrible passes in the lane. How many steals do we need to give up with that play before they learn, make a fake or something.

21 minutes ago, NC_UBfan said:

Just caught the last 1:30 OT Ball St. losing on the road to NIU 71-76. I'll take our ugly road win over a pretty loss🤘

Love the win too, just frustrating to see us play down to the competition. Could have been a 20 pt win. 18 turnovers is really bad, Miami “only” had 15. On the positive side, the coaches have plenty to work on and still get a W.

Edited by UBinMD
  • Like 1

Ugly or not, another road win and all alone in 4th, a full 3 games ahead of #8 Ohio at 4-7.  And huge win tonight by NIU to hand Ball their first MAC loss and knock them into a tie for 1st with Toledo.

If this team plays up to their potential and not down to the competition, I could see them finishing with 12 wins and doing some damage  come MAC tourney time.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NC_UBfan said:

Just caught the last 1:30 OT Ball St. losing on the road to NIU 71-76. I'll take our ugly road win over a pretty loss🤘

Agree. Does show that if a team as good as Ball State has an off night shooting 20% from the 3 point line and 9-20 from the line and NIU shoots 19-24 from the line any team can be beat.

10 hours ago, Bluebird96 said:

Ugly or not, another road win and all alone in 4th, a full 3 games ahead of #8 Ohio at 4-7.  And huge win tonight by NIU to hand Ball their first MAC loss and knock them into a tie for 1st with Toledo.

If this team plays up to their potential and not down to the competition, I could see them finishing with 12 wins and doing some damage  come MAC tourney time.  

Agree. Will take an ugly win anytime. Good teams find a way sometimes to win and you need a player to step up when others are struggling. Did not see the game but wonder how Coach Burke and staff handled the adversity? Looking forward to Saturday. Go Bulls!!!

8 minutes ago, John said:

Agree. Will take an ugly win anytime. Good teams find a way sometimes to win and you need a player to step up when others are struggling. Did not see the game but wonder how Coach Burke and staff handled the adversity? Looking forward to Saturday. Go Bulls!!!

From what I saw, it was mainly positive encouragement. The defense was lockdown, so that certainly helped. Some shots were just a bit wild, especially under the basket. As I said before, a lot looked like they were trying to draw fouls, but the refs weren't biting. Poor interior passing was a large contributor to the 18 turnovers. Overall, the team energy was good and they gutted it out together. The after game huddle was very positive. 

14 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

From what I saw, it was mainly positive encouragement. The defense was lockdown, so that certainly helped. Some shots were just a bit wild, especially under the basket. As I said before, a lot looked like they were trying to draw fouls, but the refs weren't biting. Poor interior passing was a large contributor to the 18 turnovers. Overall, the team energy was good and they gutted it out together. The after game huddle was very positive. 

Thanks. The entire coaching staff does seem to be communicating with both players and Burke. After this game it appears there is many  things to learn from and also for the coaching staff to work on. It is not a MAC team they are playing Saturday so we could see an entirely different type of game. 

50 minutes ago, John said:

Thanks. The entire coaching staff does seem to be communicating with both players and Burke. After this game it appears there is many  things to learn from and also for the coaching staff to work on. It is not a MAC team they are playing Saturday so we could see an entirely different type of game. 

Hopefully Saturday is a good game. Theoretically, they are matched up with a peer team from the SBC. It should be a good measuring stick for the ladies and hopefully they play much better than they did at Old Dominion earlier in the season.