Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

WBB @ Bowling Green (7pm - ESPN+)

Looking at remaining schedules, it seems like a lock that UB will face BG one more time in the 4-5 game in Cleveland.

UB probably needs to go 2-1 down the stretch to clinch the 4, as BG has the easier schedule vs M-OH, @ WMU, @ EMU.

UB (9-6) leads 6 seed WMU (7-8) by 2 games, unlikely WMU will catch us even with their last 3 games all at home vs TOL, BG & NIU. If they finish 2-1, UB would have to go at least 1-2 to clinch no worse than 5 seed since WMU beat us HTH.

Keep it simple Bulls and just keep winning.

Gotta love March basketball! 🤘

It was good seeing the team executing half court sets, watching Davis or KLW trigger from the elbows taking and making 12-15 ft jumpers extending BG creating space for back door, pin down actions or drive kick actions. The made 3s created even more space although they missed more than a few layups the fact remains development and progress has been made. 

Not sure who on staff is responsible for back court defense but they may need a raise. They ran a clinic on how to defend a guard dominate team that shoots above average from 3. The communication as they switched everything, getting that top foot up hedging BG guards from getting down hill while still having hands up to contest was great to watch. Held them to 28% (7/25) 3PT and 38% overall from the field which would have been more impressive if the front court could have slowed down Porter 10/10 night. 

Who would have thought they had chance to finish with 10+ conference wins locked in for Cleveland🤘 

1 hour ago, NC_UBfan said:

It was good seeing the team executing half court sets, watching Davis or KLW trigger from the elbows taking and making 12-15 ft jumpers extending BG creating space for back door, pin down actions or drive kick actions. The made 3s created even more space although they missed more than a few layups the fact remains development and progress has been made. 

Not sure who on staff is responsible for back court defense but they may need a raise. They ran a clinic on how to defend a guard dominate team that shoots above average from 3. The communication as they switched everything, getting that top foot up hedging BG guards from getting down hill while still having hands up to contest was great to watch. Held them to 28% (7/25) 3PT and 38% overall from the field which would have been more impressive if the front court could have slowed down Porter 10/10 night. 

Who would have thought they had chance to finish with 10+ conference wins locked in for Cleveland🤘 

I was hoping for 10, but would have been happy with 8.

I think this is what some of us mean when talking about the MBB program. Last year all our coaches and recruits had bailed end of the year and we were not good. One year later and they’re competitive in every game and in line for a 4 seed. 

13 minutes ago, DaBulls99 said:

I think this is what some of us mean when talking about the MBB program. Last year all our coaches and recruits had bailed end of the year and we were not good. One year later and they’re competitive in every game and in line for a 4 seed. 

I don't think I ever really doubted Burke's X's and O's. My doubts were if she could put together a staff and team that doesn't hate basketball after working for or playing for her. The season isn't over but so far we are in a better spot than last year. So far we've only lost one player who played 5 minutes and scored 1 point. And zero coaches.

E: I don't have the same faith in GH3's X's and O's as I do with Burke.

Edited by rma

9 minutes ago, rma said:

I don't think I ever really doubted Burke's X's and O's. My doubts were if she could put together a staff and team that doesn't hate basketball after working for or playing for her. The season isn't over but so far we are in a better spot than last year. So far we've only lost one player who played 5 minutes and scored 1 point. And zero coaches.

E: I don't have the same faith in GH3's X's and O's as I do with Burke.

Burke coaches like high level D1 basketball. Those coaches don't run popularity contests and have extensive personal relationships with individual players, they leave that stuff to the assistants. Guaranteed Kim Mulkey jumps in people's asses regularly. Dawn Staley has an RBF that few can rival. Geno is a yeller and gets in the face of young women. That's just how it goes, some players don't want that, which I get. On the flip side, Haddie Ogden can get her ass chewed, smile about it and move on. This group of ladies seem a bit tougher than last years bunch honestly and they want to play hard and do what needs to be done to win.

Edited by UBinMD