Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB WBB vs CMU 6pm

9 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

Great game by Rana despite not being able to pull down that elusive 10th rebound.  Good win by the Bulls to reach 10 MAC wins and clinch at least the 5 seed.

Solid improvements from last season. I like the fact Coach Brooks did the postgame interview. I like her.

45 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Solid improvements from last season. I like the fact Coach Brooks did the postgame interview. I like her.

Yes I was impressed by her as well.

Women’s program headed in the right direction, will feel better about continued improvement next season if we can field a full roster and not be stuck relying on an 8 player rotation again.  

Would be nice to take down Ball St on Saturday and head to Cleveland with some momentum 

3 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Good solid win against a CMU team with a big front line that during the early part of the game gave us trouble on both ends of the floor. We came out in the 3rd quarter with more pressure on the bigs down low and pressured the 3 point line.  Have been impressed with our freshmen and this coaching staff seems to be in working together and communicating with the players. Am impressed with the three recruits signed by Burke in Barr-Budday from Nichols, Rowe from Rochester and Daly from Pittsburgh who have had very good careers in high school. Looking forward to the game against Ball State on Saturday and the senior day celebration. Go Bulls!!!

• Like 1

Off topic, but are the rest of you getting crazy banners popping up on this site now? They are pretty obnoxious and make it harder to view on the phone. Wasn’t sure if it was just me. I’m assuming it’s just the price you pay for a site like this.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Bluebird96 said:

not being able to pull down that elusive 10th rebound

Is that why she ran down the court and shot with like 5 seconds left? Wanted to miss and get the rebound?

5 minutes ago, Blue03 said:

Is that why she ran down the court and shot with like 5 seconds left? Wanted to miss and get the rebound?

That was why they fouled at the end of the game, why Rana tried to miss a shot (but made it), why we pushed the ball rather than run out the shot clock, and why Burke sent Rana to defend the basket on free throws rather than the 6'2" girl that was on the court.

It's really great that we were in a position where the last 4 minutes of a game it turns into "get Rana a rebound above everything else" instead of "score more points, play better defense". This team will probably not win the MAC this year but they are very fun to watch and have a bunch of team players. Rana grabbed what everyone thought was her 10th rebound, which turned into a jump ball, and the entire bench erupted. Seems to be a hell of a lot different than what we had last year.

2 minutes ago, Blue03 said:

The last 2 minutes or so were a little crazy and disjointed. Coach Burke replaced most of the starters with like a 19 point lead and instead of just running out the clock many of the players were dribbling and driving and taking shots with a lot of time on the shot clock and CMU scored a bunch of points from the line and field. Just a really strange last few minutes and Coach Burke letting the players play that type of ball. Not a lot of fouls called during the game but in the 4th quarter the officials decided to call a crazy number of fouls on UB. Again looking forward to the game against Ball State who have a great season and see how we stack up against them and of course their coach who is always in the face of the officials the entire game and the officials let him get away with it. Go Bulls!!

7 minutes ago, John said:

The last 2 minutes or so were a little crazy and disjointed. Coach Burke replaced most of the starters with like a 19 point lead and instead of just running out the clock many of the players were dribbling and driving and taking shots with a lot of time on the shot clock and CMU scored a bunch of points from the line and field. Just a really strange last few minutes and Coach Burke letting the players play that type of ball. Not a lot of fouls called during the game but in the 4th quarter the officials decided to call a crazy number of fouls on UB. Again looking forward to the game against Ball State who have a great season and see how we stack up against them and of course their coach who is always in the face of the officials the entire game and the officials let him get away with it. Go Bulls!!

I have a feeling we may beat Ball State, it feels like the right way to end the regular season. I think the coaches will be prepared and the players will want to send the seniors out in style. Let's hope for the best.

3 hours ago, Blue03 said:

Yeah, I would’ve rather seen it happen in the natural course of the game.  Although, it became kind of comical how many chances she had to grab one long before the final 5 seconds, including another shot under the rim prior to that which seemed like she was trying to purposely miss.  In the end, it just wasn’t meant to be