Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Perspective from Indiana State

15 minutes ago, Chet said:

Indiana State’s coach, Josh Shertz goes to Saint Louis and takes his best player with him. Tough time to be an Indiana State fan. 

Tough to be a fan of any team right now. Even Duke and Kentucky are getting hit. The only one I haven’t heard much from is UConn. Not sure how they are holding up.

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

Tough to be a fan of any team right now. Even Duke and Kentucky are getting hit. The only one I haven’t heard much from is UConn. Not sure how they are holding up.

For sure, but I never considered SLU a great basketball program. I just learned that the gig at SLU pays considerably more. 

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

I believe at least two players from UCONN declared for the draft. So whether is draft or portal, everyone getting hit. 

12 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I believe at least two players from UCONN declared for the draft. So whether is draft or portal, everyone getting hit. 

They lost their top 3 to the draft last year. Losing to the NBA stinks, but losing to the portal sucks way worse imo.

49 minutes ago, Chet said:

For sure, but I never considered SLU a great basketball program. I just learned that the gig at SLU pays considerably more. 

Can’t really blame the player following the coach. Will be interesting to see how he performs a level up. Personally, I think he will do really well. His coach already knows how to use him.

Losing a coach to an A10 school would suck

I saw an interview with Josh schertz and he spoke about how all of the Indiana St fans wanted him fired after the first season 

So I looked a bit into his first season Indiana St dropped from a team ranked near 100 to a team ranked 230 in his first season

Didn't drop as far as GH3 and he also recruited really well but some similarities are there

3 hours ago, Tee4three said:

Losing a coach to an A10 school would suck

I saw an interview with Josh schertz and he spoke about how all of the Indiana St fans wanted him fired after the first season 

So I looked a bit into his first season Indiana St dropped from a team ranked near 100 to a team ranked 230 in his first season

Didn't drop as far as GH3 and he also recruited really well but some similarities are there

If you change styles and have the wrong personnel playing, that’s what happens. When LL got here, there were many questioning if that was a good hire or not. Turned out well. We all thought (myself included), would pickup the ball along with better recruits (which in many cases he did) and lead us forward. Unfortunately you need to coach AND recruit. I think Lembo will do well this season because I think he and his staff can coach and have really good player to work with.

The jury is still out on GH3 as we aren’t sure if can recruit or coach. This is a big season for him.