Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Jamari Gassett

UBinMD

20 hours ago, RoughToughBulls15 said:

HUGE PICK UP

I am so impressed with our recruiting class, stunning that more than half of our top 15 ever are in this class. Lance and his group also seem to be able to give these guys time to develop if necessary or if they are ready (see JP26) they get their chance. That should be comforting for these young guys and really gives us solid depth. I can’t wait for the fall!

5 hours ago, UBinMD said:

I am so impressed with our recruiting class, stunning that more than half of our top 15 ever are in this class. Lance and his group also seem to be able to give these guys time to develop if necessary or if they are ready (see JP26) they get their chance. That should be comforting for these young guys and really gives us solid depth. I can’t wait for the fall!

I know this is off topic but freshman have been showing out at Buffalo. Take George Wolo for example, he’s a lineman that got to play a ton this year. It’s rare to see freshman play in general but even rarer to see a freshman play so regularly on the line, especially with such a veteran core of lineman 

8 hours ago, UBinMD said:

I may really, really dislike Kotelnicki's play calling (and in-game adjustments), but I once opined that he did well at Whitewater because his teams just were so much more talented than the other team, so they schemed during the week and rolled them over during the game.

So...if the strategy is the same at Buffalo, meaning that they out-talent other teams (mainly via recruiting), scheme during the week and win the games, I will take it!

Go Bulls...keep it up.

57 minutes ago, UB92 said:

I may really, really dislike Kotelnicki's play calling (and in-game adjustments), but I once opined that he did well at Whitewater because his teams just were so much more talented than the other team, so they schemed during the week and rolled them over during the game.

So...if the strategy is the same at Buffalo, meaning that they out-talent other teams (mainly via recruiting), scheme during the week and win the games, I will take it!

Go Bulls...keep it up.

I agree, at times the play calling is suspect, but he is in the running for assistant coaching honors, so I'm with you, get the win, have better players and let's keep staying at the top of the conference.

Also, to get a WR from Florida to come to Buffalo, that still continues to amaze me, but I hope the young man becomes a star!

image.jpeg.c0a4452fb0393bdfcaeee8223e008b65.jpeg

On 1/31/2021 at 2:58 PM, Dabulls said:

I know this is off topic but freshman have been showing out at Buffalo. Take George Wolo for example, he’s a lineman that got to play a ton this year. It’s rare to see freshman play in general but even rarer to see a freshman play so regularly on the line, especially with such a veteran core of lineman 

I saw a tweet a few months back from a national media person  that basically said, in the Northeast if LL offers a kid, the next day the kids school has about 15 calls to learn more about the kid. He is an extremely well respected identifier of talent. It shows with our team too, we have a significant amount of Walk-ons in our 2 deep and obviously the under recruited players succeeding speaks for itself. 

On 1/31/2021 at 7:33 PM, UBinMD said:

I agree, at times the play calling is suspect, but he is in the running for assistant coaching honors, so I'm with you, get the win, have better players and let's keep staying at the top of the conference.

Also, to get a WR from Florida to come to Buffalo, that still continues to amaze me, but I hope the young man becomes a star!

Trevor Wilson and Antonio Nunn both from FL

6 hours ago, RoughToughBulls15 said:

I saw a tweet a few months back from a national media person  that basically said, in the Northeast if LL offers a kid, the next day the kids school has about 15 calls to learn more about the kid. He is an extremely well respected identifier of talent. It shows with our team too, we have a significant amount of Walk-ons in our 2 deep and obviously the under recruited players succeeding speaks for itself. 

I hope this is true, but I think he is a better teacher than identifier of talent.

5 hours ago, ukbro00 said:

I hope this is true, but I think he is a better teacher than identifier of talent.

I’ll take either one, Great teacher, great recruiter or a combination of both. Imagine a great teacher starting with 3 star recruits instead of no star recruits. Could be a special run if LL and Co. Stick around a few more seasons.