Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Week 9 Polls

BrooklynBull

3 hours ago, UB85 said:

They should. They had a superb OOC. Could this be the year where like last year with the women the MAC finally gets two teams into the Big Dance?

Kent's OOC has been strong as well -- maybe stronger.  They lost to Louisville and, at home, to Liberty (NET 48).  They also have a few good wins (notably Vandy on the road).

While I think it is a long shot that the MAC gets two, the odds increase the more people talk about the MAC getting two!  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, UB92 said:

Kent's OOC has been strong as well -- maybe stronger.  They lost to Louisville and, at home, to Liberty (NET 48).  They also have a few good wins (notably Vandy on the road).

While I think it is a long shot that the MAC gets two, the odds increase the more people talk about the MAC getting two!  

A number of MAC teams had decent OOC wins and records and on the other side the MAAC only had one team(Niagara) that had a winning OOC record. Just from one year to another it is amazing how conferences change their perception on how they are viewed. It could be a very interesting MAC season. Go Bulls!!!!

The Toledo/Buffalo game on 1/8 is going to be massive, not only in the MAC standings but for the conference's chances of having two tournament teams. 

Both teams are currently 12-1 with Toledo sporting a 10-game winning streak. If they somehow upset UB, they'll be closing in on possibly getting ranked. Obviously, none of us want to see that happen but it goes to show how strong the top half of the MAC is this year.

Kent State and Ball State are also very strong this season.

As far as the polls are concerned, #20 is right around where I expected UB to be ranked. I projected them at #21 heading into the week.