Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Miami University (-1) @ UB

UB92

Great win. The D really balled out after that long TD run by their QB.  Dolac and Patterson were solid.  Nice to see the team rewarded today, clutch TD at the end by Snyder/Marshall.

I don’t know the stats but Miami was crushed by big penalties. That definitely helped the Bulls get the W.  We know that feeling when it goes against UB. 

Also, until proven otherwise, i think Kent State is the team to beat in the MAC East. 

Edited by zigo230

1 hour ago, UB Horns Up said:

I will take the win but ugly. For the love of UB Bulls stop that crazy prevent defense. It prevents you from winning. UB Bulls almost did the same thing as Holy Cross crazy. UB won at the end because the Miami back up QB is a wild cat QB with no arm or UB would have lost. Please fire our defensive coordinator he is horrible he can’t stop the run it was embarrassing the rushing yardage UB gave up with poor tackling. UB Bulls won even though I felt like we lost what is with this team. Defensively and offensively we are a very flawed team. But the UB Bulls are on bowl path that is all I care about UMass is a must non conference game to win that gets Buffalo to 3 at 3-3 .500. Then UB Bulls need 3 out of 6 even though 4 out of 6 would be better to get to 7-5 in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Another hot take. Complaining about defense in the MAC should get you far there guy. We have a brand new D coordinator. But sure, fire him 2 games into conference play after 2 wins. We had the best defense in the MAC for a few years under Lance and guess what? They were meh. We pulled out a gutty win, stop being a negative Nancy. We’ve got warts, we always do, but I’ll take 2-0 in conference play. 

Edited by DaBulls99

1 hour ago, UB Horns Up said:

I will take the win but ugly. For the love of UB Bulls stop that crazy prevent defense. It prevents you from winning. UB Bulls almost did the same thing as Holy Cross crazy. UB won at the end because the Miami back up QB is a wild cat QB with no arm or UB would have lost. Please fire our defensive coordinator he is horrible he can’t stop the run it was embarrassing the rushing yardage UB gave up with poor tackling. UB Bulls won even though I felt like we lost what is with this team. Defensively and offensively we are a very flawed team. But the UB Bulls are on bowl path that is all I care about UMass is a must non conference game to win that gets Buffalo to 3 at 3-3 .500. Then UB Bulls need 3 out of 6 even though 4 out of 6 would be better to get to 7-5 in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Bowling Green is next, then UMass.

Great win.  Hard-fought game, some adversity, going down in the 3rd, would've been easy to fold and call it a day, but they didn't.  Defense got stops, offense made the plays needed.  I know Miami didn't have Gabbert but that's a pretty good team on the other side of the ball.  Keep this up and we could have something here.

The defense was better in that they didn't give up 30+ points.  I'm mindful of the fact that Linguist has a defensive coaching background at higher levels - the guy was a position coach in the NFL.  So I will take for granted he knows what he's doing with a defense, and at the same time expect better.  Saturday's performance was a classic UB "bend but don't break" defense that made some stops (helped by some penalties) in key situations and picked off a deflection.  

It was great to see the coaches and the team huddle up on the field during that last drive - I can't hear from the upper deck but I imagine it was something like "the game is on the line, go execute the plays and take it!"  I thought they got too conservative at the end just playing for a tie, but then found the right matchup and throw for the winning TD.  There are a lot of guys that stepped up Saturday to make the difference.  Props to the team for not taking so many penalties as they did last time I saw them, though that roughing the passer at the end wasn't wise.

Better blocking from the o-line would unlock this offense's potential.  Snyder could look downfield more, and they could run between the tackles, two things that are lacking right now.  Snyder has that 7-10 yard out pattern down though, they nail that almost every time.  OH that move he used on that 4th and goal TD run!

Miami - their QB and RB were very quick and slippery.  But that QB had no touch on his throws.  Even that one long pass he had in the second half, the two UB defenders overshot it because he underthrew it.  They killed themselves with some penalties and a huge loss on a tackle by Patterson, by which they settled for some field goals.

In typical "MAC Refs" fashion, they threw a flag for an illegal forward pass (QB stepped past the line of scrimmage), and the Miami coach went crazy, enough to get a 15 yard penalty.  Upon review...their call was overturned, he was right.  But the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty stood.

I'm impressed how the team has responded to the 0-3 start.  To be fair - I don't know how much we should've expected anything from the Maryland (who's 4-1 and just beat Michigan State) and Coastal Carolina games. I'd rather be 2-0 in the MAC and getting better than trading either of those wins for one of those non conference games.  What I would love to see is this team week-by-week getting better and playing their best football when it matters at the end.

Fans - students, we're really glad you're there, making noise and having fun.  But be better football fans - pay attention to the game, make noise on defense, NOT while the offense is setting up.

• Like 1