Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Kent S vs Buffalo - 1pm

UBinMD

1.  This team is poorly coached.  The epitome is calling offense on the the overtime coin toss, then knowing you made a mistake to turn around and look at your coach charging out onto the field who actually thought that he could change his mind.

2.  This team is poorly coached.  If you game plan is to continue to run Myers for an entire half (and not even try to pass) and have no inkling that the guys on the other side are going to figure it out eventually.  

3.  This team is poorly coached.  Not only did Kent use their first string QB, they used their 2nd string QB, and eventually ended up being beat by their 3rd string QB.  Defensively that can’t happen.

4.  Where are the leaders on this team?  Somebody needs to step up and make a play.  I question their heart.

5.  Akron beat the shit out NIU today.  I fully expect them to come in here and beat the shit out of UB.  I don’t even think UB deserves the shot at a bowl eligibility.  The players look like the could care less, the coaches are clueless, if they actually showed something against Ohio OR CMU OR now Kent, I might feel different, but that’s where I’m at.

• Like 1

Oh no BSF is going to be negative water is wet in his UB Bulls post. I really don’t have anything to say you all saw the game like I did. All I will say is this Kent State game was lost in the 4th quarter 4th and 2 up 14 trying to kick a field goal into the wind. Yes Alex is a good kicker. But that is playing not to lose. I would have gone for it with Matt Myers run. Kent State at that time was feeling really down. You get 2 yards the game is over because you continue to run clock. Especially after the punt at that end of the stadium. I think UB Bulls will beat Akron Zips Friday and bowl regardless of the negativity one win Akron Zips aren’t winning. But there are bigger issues beyond Maurice Linquist we all know what they are at least most of us who are awake do. Forget it because UB athletics is going to be like this forever it is never changing culture wise of bargain Kmart blue light shopping for coaches in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

2 hours ago, RecoveringHillbilly said:

Post-Game interview was all over the place. Peck asks about this pattern close-out issues. Mo comes back with;

1) It is a process, young players learning from this, watch the film and learn (Uh, hello! It's game 11 and we roll out a lot of vets. If he had just said missing Cook and Gassett is very tough to replace on O, I could go for that)

2) I am the head coach so any blame on me, not the players (He got that one right, in part)

3) If we don't have the players for the scheme then we find the players who can fit (There is the other part of the correct answer)

Coach Mo also said on the postgame that Patterson was supposed to say they wanted the ball second, but that was a communications issue, I cant believe they cant even get that correct

I still don't understand what the hell happened in this game. We were up 24-10 with like 7 minutes left when I got into a car and drove into northern Maine where there is no internet. I figured we won and was feeling good about getting to a bowl game. It would've been a decent consolation and a nice turnaround from last year. Instead, I come back to civilization to find out we somehow lost in 2OTs. What the hell happened? And why are both our Basketball and Football teams completely unmotivated for the final 10 minutes of games? We seem to have talent but we lack consistency and heart.

I don't think this team deserves a Bowl Game even if they win against Akron. We would have a 6-6 record with 5 of our wins coming against teams ranked below 100, 2 double digit 4th quarter leads blown against teams below 100, and an additional home loss to an FCS school ranked #140. I'll be happy for our players if they get a chance to play another game but this doesn't feel like a season to celebrate at all.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, clodney said:

I don't think this team deserves a Bowl Game even if they win against Akron.

Regardless of your thoughts, if they win they will go to a bowl game.  The will need two 5-7 teams to fill all of the slots in bowl games.  The first slot goes to Auburn based upon APR.  Not sure who gets the second slot.

New Mexico is appealing to be taken at 5-6.  They played 11 games because a game against San Jose State was cancelled because of the death of a player on San Jose State.

11 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

Regardless of your thoughts, if they win they will go to a bowl game.  The will need two 5-7 teams to fill all of the slots in bowl games.  The first slot goes to Auburn based upon APR.  Not sure who gets the second slot.

New Mexico is appealing to be taken at 5-6.  They played 11 games because a game against San Jose State was cancelled because of the death of a player on San Jose State.

That is true.  UB will have earned it the trip and I will support them if that happens.

Let's be real though, I'm sure whatever Bowl they get to will be lukewarm to host a team that lost 3 of it's final 4 games while trying to become Bowl eligible..  (and the win coming against a team ranked around 125 out of 131 FBS programs).

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 10:21 PM, BrooklynBull said:

The next team on the APR list is UNLV.

2 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:
On 11/28/2022 at 10:21 PM, BrooklynBull said:

The next team on the APR list is UNLV.

Further update: It is actually New Mexico State that was going to appeal.  They now have a 12th game,  They are hosting Valparaiso on Saturday.  If they win they may be bowl eligible.  It would given them two wins over FCS schools.  They will need a waiver to go to a bowl.  That being said they may have already been granted the waiver.  I would think that it would be unlikely that they would schedule a game against a FCS school if they were not told a win and they are allowed to play in a bowl game.