Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

OC Shane Montgomery Reportedly Out

rma

No offense to the guy but this seems like the right choice. JMU fans bitched nonstop about this guy’s play calling and honestly I didn’t witness a lot with UB that showed they were wrong. I wish him well but I’m looking forward to someone else calling the shots. 

10 hours ago, clodney said:

No offense to the guy but this seems like the right choice. JMU fans bitched nonstop about this guy’s play calling and honestly I didn’t witness a lot with UB that showed they were wrong. I wish him well but I’m looking forward to someone else calling the shots. 

If Coach Mo is the master recruiter, then he should recruit some coaching talent along with players.

• Like 1

Thank you a wonderful late birthday gift to BSF. I guess BSF isn’t so wrong all the time even I am right once in a while. Former UB Bulls OC Shane Montgomery had to go he is from another time offensively play book wise. At least UB Bulls head coach Maurice Linquist is open to change. Shane Montgomery needed to go after the first season long overdue better late than never in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

16 minutes ago, Bill said:

LSU is pretty good, let’s see what he can bring to the table. Glad they got someone quickly so they have the entire spring to get switched into whatever system they are going with. Snyder now has a full season as a starter under his belt (I do think he had a very good season considering it was his first as a starter in a brand new system). We have 4 solid RB, several WR options and some very capable TE coming in. Add a couple road graders to the OL and he has a lot of tools to work with. Can’t wait to see the new offense! Go Bulls!!🤘🏻🤘🏻

• Like 2

If this works out, this could be a potential transition to HC when Mo gets the next big offer. See if we can finally setup some sustained success with the heir apparent on the staff. He's young, but has been around some good programs and the NFL, a few years of grooming and who knows! Will be interesting to see if brother Robbie sticks around as a GA. He may have really enjoyed his time in Buffalo.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2023 at 2:11 PM, UB Horns Up said:

Thank you a wonderful late birthday gift to BSF. I guess BSF isn’t so wrong all the time even I am right once in a while. Former UB Bulls OC Shane Montgomery had to go he is from another time offensively play book wise. At least UB Bulls head coach Maurice Linquist is open to change. Shane Montgomery needed to go after the first season long overdue better late than never in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

We were 4th in the conference and, I believe, 64th nationally. So the top half of CFB with considerable RB injuries. We were good, not great. I would have been fine with Montgomery back but trust in Mo. The last 2 years definitely could have been worse. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DaBulls99 said:

We were 4th in the conference and, I believe, 64th nationally. So the top half of CFB with considerable RB injuries. We were good, not great. I would have been fine with Montgomery back but trust in Mo. The last 2 years definitely could have been worse. 

Did I hear correctly that Mo has the most wins in his first 2 season since the 60's, is that right? Damn. I honestly think 2023 may be one of our strongest teams ever. Time will tell if we can pull it all together. If the 2 WR transfers are anything similar to Marshall and Q along with the guys we have coming up, that could be something. I also think our TE position is going to be back to prominence as well. The RBs could be ridiculous if the 2 young bucks live up to their potential to go along with what Washington and Henderson bring. I also expect a much improved OL.

We need Dolac to be the leader in the middle and find someone to start filling James Patterson's shoes next to him. Will be interesting to see if we stick with our current DL/LB setup now that JP has graduated.

On 1/12/2023 at 3:01 PM, ChubbyHubby said:

Actually BSF, I think Coach Mo did that just because you suggested it.  

I want to also say something UB Bulls needs to win anything lower than 6-6 should automatic grounds for termination of employment as a UB football coach. Why? Because of the facilities and because Buffalo is the Los Angeles Lakers of the MAC. We should be contenders and bowling yearly in football because of the money invested now it isn’t 1999 anymore. With that said Loyola-Chicago should be a wake up call to UB alums wanting higher conference for UB football? Loyola-Chicago is below Buffalo South St Bonaventure Bonnies in the Atlantic 10 Conference standings after the left the Valley. Sometimes it is better being a big fish in a small pond than being small fish in a big pond. I don’t have a doubt in my mind UB would struggle in the AAC and out west against the San Diego States and Nevada because our culture advantage goes away to sunny warm climates recruiting wise. Buffalo is better than jail Central Michigan and Kent State in the MAC recruiting wise one gets the idea. UB should be a athletes top choice among the MAC schools today.

UB needs to just fix UB Stadium and win yearly in the MAC becoming the Buffalo Bandits NLL of college football. That formula will work for UB and Buffalo fans economically because Buffalo likes a winner but there is zero excuse for UB Stadium. UB Stadium needs major renovations for the Buffalo community to want to go to football games in person instead of the better view television that we have right now. BSF what do you mean major renovations? I mean UB wants to stay at UB Stadium all the sideline medal bleachers are gone completely taken out never to be seen or used on anyone’s bad back again. Chair back seating and huge new scoreboard on the field house side of the UB stadium. More restrooms also need to be added along with Bulls land team store. Who is paying for this BSF? New York State should if they have any pride and dignity. But BSF they don’t do that? Our political leaders lost the moral authority when they handed the Buffalo Bills owner Terry Pegula $850 million dollars for his new football stadium. We are a state university we should have a stadium that is representative of a state flagship. If NYS has money for the Bills they have the money.

But BSF they don’t plus I don’t want NYS to take from necessary more important things? They won’t what I would do is use some of that new online sports gambling money towards the renovation of UB Stadium because political leaders can say well it came from sports gambling money a new money source is what I would push if I was UB the school but I am not in charge unfortunately because things would be very different if I was in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo