Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB vs Miami OH

Blue03

We complain about coaching and the half court offense all the time. Miami has a fat f*ck on the floor and on offense we don’t draw him out and make him defend in space via the pick and roll. Perhaps get a switch and he has to cover a guard. Pathetic coaching. Instead we launch wild ass 3s. This is why we complain about this coach. Where’s the strategy. Furthermore…every time that fat player is on the floor we should be looking to 1) run and 2) if we can’t run, make him defend on the perimeter 

Edited by DooleyBull06

Just now, Erie County said:

When is this season over? 

11 points with 8 minutes left in the half.

These Whitesell team's just suck to watch play

This team has regressed in season. We went from competitive and a chance to win to just entertaining to flat out unwatchable. Great season.

Just now, BasketBull said:

Man I really hope Zid transfers. Hero ball does not mix with terrible shooting. Steals are a gaudy stat but only because he abandons any sensible defense to go for the ball at every opportunity. He is a massive liability when on the court.

This is a tremendous observation. Kinda like a corner who tries to jump routes to get an interception. 

embarrassing effort on senior night at home. 

This is Reggie level basketball now. Super sad

This is pathetic. We have nothing we are playing for but Jesus where’s the effort? Absolute disgrace. This team isn’t capable of flipping a light switch so this is not a good look for next week. 

embarrassing effort on senior night at home. 

This is Reggie level basketball now. Super sad

While I would not take Reggie back, I would absolutely take the Reggie years over whatever the hell this is. Even when his teams were bad at least they had a schematic ethos.

I think this year is proof that many of Whitesell's critics over the past few years weren't pessimists but instead people who had the vision to see where the program was headed under him. Unless his recruiting magically improves, we're staring down mediocre basketball for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Big 4 Hoops Blogger
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Big 4 Hoops Blogger said:

I think this year is proof that many of Whitesell's critics over the past few years weren't pessimists but instead people who had the vision to see where the program was headed under him. Unless his recruiting magically improves, we're staring down mediocre basketball for the foreseeable future.

His recruiting but also his coaching. It’s just not good. We are a one trick pony. There’s no sets in the half court. Look at what Miami just executed out of a timeout before the half. Under Whitesell we are a fastbreak/iso team. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Erie County said:

We all knew this day was near. He can't coach or recruit. All he could was convince Oats' recruits to not leave, so that he could go 2-4 in the MAC tournament 

Seriously. All he inherited was one of the best mid-majors in the country with 2 four star recruits which, to his credit, he talked into sticking around the entirety of their amateur careers. And absolutely nothing to show for it. How Whitesell defenders aren’t more upset about the squandering of their time at UB I’ll never understand.

• Thanks 1