Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Coaching Carousel

Sportsfan

3 hours ago, Sportsfan said:

Between the OC (3) and DC role (4), this is not a positive sign for the program or a quality of great leadeship ability. 

Reasons might be many, but coaching consistency in the MAC is critical for player development.

Unless you look at that UB has coaches that others deem good enough to poach.

6 hours ago, MuchMany said:

So the players have been the problem then? Or the HC? Gotta be one of the three and ideally it would be the ACs. 

This is too logical of a statemen and couldn't agree more.  Everyone is great but the team is terrible.🤣 

Maybe it is the fans, scoreboard or the stadium site views to blame from taking it from what Lance build to this level of performance.

Very sad to see the athletic department in the bottom 25 in both mens football and basketball, and only a few years ago they were both in the top 25.

Time will tell if the ships can be turned around, or need replaced.

Edited by Sportsfan
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Sportsfan said:

This is too logical of a statemen and couldn't agree more.  Everyone is great but the team is terrible.🤣 

Maybe it is the fans, scoreboard or the stadium site views to blame from taking it from what Lance build to this level of performance.

Very sad to see the athletic department in the bottom 25 in both mens football and basketball, and only a few years ago they were both in the top 25.

Time will tell if the ships can be turned around, or need replaced.

We all know the reasons for the poor performance. 

It’s the track.  

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if I saw it anywhere on here but 247 is reporting:

Buffalo
In: Dave Patenaude, offensive coordinator (Virginia, analyst)

Edit: late to the party - just saw it was posted in the thread about Maurice Linguist.

Edited by capencaper

1 hour ago, capencaper said:

Not sure if I saw it anywhere on here but 247 is reporting:

Buffalo
In: Dave Patenaude, offensive coordinator (Virginia, analyst)

Edit: late to the party - just saw it was posted in the thread about Maurice Linguist.

Let's hope we get someone in place so we can try to find a QB that will work in his offensive plan.

Saw this on X, what the hell is going on??

On top of still looking for a DC, @UBFootball will also need to replace ...

▫️Bryan Applewhite, RB Coach
▫️Kevin Sherman, WR Coach
▫️Kevin Corless, LB Coach

Let’s not act like these coaches leaving Buffalo Bulls football is some great loss. If they were any good players wouldn’t be leaving in this high of numbers. Maurice Linquist has zero choice either get rid of bad coaches that aren’t the answer and move on or next you will be fired. If everyone on the UB Bulls coaching staff left and the entire team transferred. Good it’s not like they were winning last season. Some of these coaches and players leaving are FCS, Division 2 and Division 3 waiting to happen. As a UB Bulls fan I don’t want coaches and players that don’t want to be here in Buffalo.

My goodness I was a UB Bulls season ticket holder since UB Stadium first opened. Honestly I never thought the UB Bulls would have locker rooms better than the NFL Buffalo Bills currently until the new Bills stadium opens in 2026. I never thought the UB field house would get built. The facilities outside of UB Stadium itself is beyond what I could imagine UB Bulls football would be in the 1990’s. If a UB Bulls coach or players wants out there is the door. I was a pioneer UB Bulls fan from the beginning of the return of Division I-AA than major college I-A football so I have seen a lot. The future UB Bulls players and coaches have top notch facilities today. Turner Gill didn’t have that and he won our only MAC championship in football. In the early days our UB Bulls teams didn’t get on national television much very rarely. Now UB is on national television a lot. Winning a bowl game was a fantasy getting to a bowl game was a fantasy in 1999. So I don’t care let them leave and find someone else that wants to be a Buffalo Bull. I feel blessed I was there in the beginning when this UB Bulls football program didn’t win or have much to seeing UB Bulls win bowl games especially the Camellia Bowl beating the Marshall Thundering Herd was great for me as a long time UB Bulls fan that saw the great Marshall Thundering Herd teams beat UB Bulls a lot. Some of there Marshall fans were obnoxious in the beginning when UB Bulls struggled in our early days in the MAC. Too beat Marshall was great for me how do you like UB Bulls football now from some of there Thundering Herd fans that wanted UB Bulls kicked out of the conference on message boards because UB Bulls struggled in the beginning in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like 1