Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

How many points does Chellia Watson finish the season with?

How many points does Chellia Watson finish the season with?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How many points does Chellia Watson finish the season with?

• >= 856 Ties or Breaks Cierra Dillard's Single Season Record (856 = Cierra Dillard (2018-19))
    • 796 - 855 Second All Time (796 = Dyaisha Fair (2021-22))
    • 708 - 795 Third All Time (708 = Kourtney Brown (2010-11))
    • 660 - 707 Fourth All Time (660 = Dyaisha Fair (2019-20))
    • 621 - 660 Fifth or Sixth All Time (631 = Brittany Hedderson (2011-12), 621 = JoAnna Smith (2015-16))
    • 579 - 620 Seventh All Time (579 = Dyaisha Fair (2020-21))
    • 532 - 578 Eighth to Eleventh All Time (566 = Cierra Dillard (2017-18), 551 = JoAnna Smith (2016-17), 535 = Kourtney Brown (2009-10), 532 = Kourtney Brown (2008-09))
    • Less than 532

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2024 at 12:00 AM

26 pts tonight vs CMU puts her at 642 on the season with a minimum of 2 games left.  

Needs just 18 to tie Fair for 4th @ 660.

If Bulls can win a game in Cleveland, 3rd place (708) could be attainable.  More importantly, just keep playing solid team basketball and keep winning! 🤘

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Blue03 said:

Anyone think the women have a shot at getting into the NIT if they lose tomorrow? Wondering if Watson might have an extra game regardless

As much as I’d love to see their season continue if they don’t beat Kent, I don’t think their 19-12 record and 190 NET ranking would make the cut. 

IMG_1432.jpeg.c99ebde47d261c501c808521740a542b.jpeg

But let’s think positive and hope the Bulls punch their ticket to the Big Dance, and leave the NIT to Toledo and Ball 🤘

• Like 2

On 3/15/2024 at 5:02 PM, Bluebird96 said:

As much as I’d love to see their season continue if they don’t beat Kent, I don’t think their 19-12 record and 190 NET ranking would make the cut. 

Happy to admit I was dead wrong about Bulls making the cut for the WNIT!

So, at least 1 more game for Chellia to build on her 733 pts after scoring 21 vs Kent in the championship game. 🤘

1 hour ago, Bluebird96 said:

Happy to admit I was dead wrong about Bulls making the cut for the WNIT!

So, at least 1 more game for Chellia to build on her 733 pts after scoring 21 vs Kent in the championship game. 🤘

I just pulled up the other tournaments that will be played. I seen the WNIT with UB and Bowling Green in the field and I think the seedlings will be out today. I was wondering about Ball State and Toledo not in this tournament and pulled up another tournament the WBIT that they are in with games at the higher seeded team and the semis and finals at Hinkel Fieldhouse. Where is the WNIT finals being held?? Will be interesting to see how our four MAC teams do and will be following. In comparison which one of these tournaments has a higher prestige for these teams?? I saw that both UB and Bowling Green are at large teams so wondering if that means they can possibly have a home game. Go Bulls!!!

41 minutes ago, John said:

I just pulled up the other tournaments that will be played. I seen the WNIT with UB and Bowling Green in the field and I think the seedlings will be out today. I was wondering about Ball State and Toledo not in this tournament and pulled up another tournament the WBIT that they are in with games at the higher seeded team and the semis and finals at Hinkel Fieldhouse. Where is the WNIT finals being held?? Will be interesting to see how our four MAC teams do and will be following. In comparison which one of these tournaments has a higher prestige for these teams?? I saw that both UB and Bowling Green are at large teams so wondering if that means they can possibly have a home game. Go Bulls!!!

The NCAA has finally after 30yrs fully funded a secondary women's tournament which is the WBIT, this is WBIT inaugural tournament. As far as prestige there is no comparison the WNIT has 30yrs of history with many great moments. The WNIT finals will be at the Jayhawks arena Allen Fieldhouse. Depending on the seeding hoping they get a few home games🤘

Edited by NC_UBfan

56 minutes ago, NC_UBfan said:

The NCAA has finally after 30yrs fully funded a secondary women's tournament which is the WBIT, this is WBIT inaugural tournament. As far as prestige there is no comparison the WNIT has 30yrs of history with many great moments. The WNIT finals will be at the Jayhawks arena Allen Fieldhouse. Depending on the seeding hoping they get a few home games🤘

Thanks for the information. After I asked about the other tournaments I see another fan gave information and I missed that. Both of these tournaments have a good mix of teams from different conferences so will nice to see how these teams stack up. Still nice to be able to see some more basketball for a few more weeks. Go Bulls!!!

1 hour ago, NC_UBfan said:

WNIT has history but WBIT gets first pick of teams. If we make a run it’s nice that we still have the WNIT reputation before most of the general public finds out it’s the #3 tournament. 

2 minutes ago, rma said:

WNIT has history but WBIT gets first pick of teams. If we make a run it’s nice that we still have the WNIT reputation before most of the general public finds out it’s the #3 tournament. 

Maybe in 3-5yrs with the media and financial backing of ESPN it will surpass WNIT.  But when you have the #1 seed decline the invite and you place them randomly with JMU they are not there yet...

31 minutes ago, NC_UBfan said:

Maybe in 3-5yrs with the media and financial backing of ESPN it will surpass WNIT.  But when you have the #1 seed decline the invite and you place them randomly with JMU they are not there yet...

JMU is a hot ticket right now. Everyone knows their name!

32 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

26 electric points for Chellia to finish the season at 759.  Unfortunately it just wasn’t enough today but looking forward to seeing what she can do for an encore in ‘24-25

BB was right. The best player in the MAC was sitting on the bench last season. 

18 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

BB was right. The best player in the MAC was sitting on the bench last season. 

She sure proved it all season long.  Just has a knack for making tough shots look easy and for the most part was efficient all season except for a little shooting slump for a few games after her 47 pt gem.  I think she’ll use this year’s MAC POTY snub as motivation to be even better next year if that’s possible.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bluebird96 said:

She sure proved it all season long.  Just has a knack for making tough shots look easy and for the most part was efficient all season except for a little shooting slump for a few games after her 47 pt gem.  I think she’ll use this year’s MAC POTY snub as motivation to be even better next year if that’s possible.  

What separates her is her mid-range game. Very few in the current game (men and women) have short range games. Most basketball is the Nate Oats style of volume 3 and paint. Jump shots are a dying art.