Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

How many points does Chellia Watson finish the season with?

How many points does Chellia Watson finish the season with?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How many points does Chellia Watson finish the season with?

• >= 856 Ties or Breaks Cierra Dillard's Single Season Record (856 = Cierra Dillard (2018-19))
    • 796 - 855 Second All Time (796 = Dyaisha Fair (2021-22))
    • 708 - 795 Third All Time (708 = Kourtney Brown (2010-11))
    • 660 - 707 Fourth All Time (660 = Dyaisha Fair (2019-20))
    • 621 - 660 Fifth or Sixth All Time (631 = Brittany Hedderson (2011-12), 621 = JoAnna Smith (2015-16))
    • 579 - 620 Seventh All Time (579 = Dyaisha Fair (2020-21))
    • 532 - 578 Eighth to Eleventh All Time (566 = Cierra Dillard (2017-18), 551 = JoAnna Smith (2016-17), 535 = Kourtney Brown (2009-10), 532 = Kourtney Brown (2008-09))
    • Less than 532

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2024 at 12:00 AM

Watson put up an absurd 47 points yesterday against a very good Toledo team. She's also scored above her current average of 24.9 in 8 of the last 9 games.

Things to consider:

• She currently has 449 points, and as stated above is averaging 24.9 per game
  • There's 11 games left in the regular season
  • Two of those games are against top MAC teams (though she has scored 28 and 31 against them already this year)
  • 12 games would imply the ladies make it to Cleveland, making the finals would give a total of 14 games.
  • Double teaming Watson appears to be ineffective, perhaps a team will attempt to triple team her

Predicting the number of games is hard especially with the number of top teams in the conference. A 4 or 5 seed will be much better than a 6 seed, which will likely face either Kent State, Toledo, or Ball State. I'll play it safe and say 13 games (losing in the semifinals), and bumping up her average a little bit because she's a baller and been on a tear, putting her right below Fair's 796. Breaking CD's record is going to involve 14 games and 29.1 points per game in those games.

18 hours ago, rma said:

Watson put up an absurd 47 points yesterday against a very good Toledo team. She's also scored above her current average of 24.9 in 8 of the last 9 games.

Things to consider:

• Two of those games are against top MAC teams (though she has scored 28 and 31 against them already this year)
  • 12 games would imply the ladies make it to Cleveland, making the finals would give a total of 14 games.
  • Double teaming Watson appears to be ineffective, perhaps a team will attempt to triple team her

Predicting the number of games is hard especially with the number of top teams in the conference. A 4 or 5 seed will be much better than a 6 seed, which will likely face either Kent State, Toledo, or Ball State. I'll play it safe and say 13 games (losing in the semifinals), and bumping up her average a little bit because she's a baller and been on a tear, putting her right below Fair's 796. Breaking CD's record is going to involve 14 games and 29.1 points per game in those games.

Great post but what I think your missing she is averaging 29.8 in conference which is crazy.  

• Like 1

On 1/28/2024 at 3:49 PM, rma said:

Things to consider:

Extrapolating 20-30 ppg for the remaining 11 (for missing the tournament) would put her between 669-779. Each game in Cleveland would increase by 20+ points. So we could possibly see a 800 point season. Simply beating third would be an incredible accomplishment, but to take down Fair or even Dillard would be unprecedented, as both of those seasons ended with a banner in Alumni, giving each of them an NCAA game, with Ciera having 2 to put up more numbers. I may poke around and see if I can find the regular season record outside of tournaments. 

Watson drops 27 points against Ohio to bring her season total to 476. 10 games left in the regular season, on pace for 727 (10 games), 752 (11 games, go to Cleveland), 777 (12 games, win a Game in Cleveland), 802 (13 games, Make the Finals), 827 (14 games, Win the Finals).

29 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

Amazing player. And to think she shot just 1/7 from 3 vs Ohio and still managed to raise her season scoring average.  

Looking back to think of some of the talented players over the last few years!!! Dillard, Fair and Reid and there are many more. It sure has been some of the most exciting years and here’s hoping there are many more. Just wish more fans would b paying more attention to this present team. Go Bulls!!!

47 minutes ago, John said:

Dillard, Fair and Reid and there are many more.

It was awesome listening to the Ohio U play by play analyst list our players that dominated the MAC. Though he did miss Joanna Smith

2015: Joanna Smith, 621

2016: Joanna Smith, 551

2017: Cierra Dillard, 566

2018: Cierra Dillard, 856

2019: Dyaisha Fair, 660

2020: Dyaisha Fair, 579

2021: Dyaisha Fair, 796

2022: "Felisha Legette-Jack is gone. We're finally free of UB players dropping 25+ on us!"

2023: Chellia Watson, 476 and counting

2024: Wait till you hear about her eligibility!

The CMU Bradford/Hudson/Frost/Moore/Kelly run is finally over, there's still gas in the tank here.

18 hours ago, NC_UBfan said:

Up coming home game against Eastern Michigan I have Watson +33.5

I’ll go with the under. Thinking the ball gets spread around a lot against a weak team. She could easily go over, but I bet that’s not the game plan. 

2 hours ago, Blue03 said:

Not sure if it’s been posted yet, but this is the company she’s keeping. A big showing tonight could possibly put her behind only Clark

D3A45589-06A2-4FE4-8CF4-5B736246E0AF.png

Wow!! Some elite company. Another reason for more fans to come out. The big question will any students show up?? What does the UB administration do to get more students to show up?? They do really nothing and just collect their paychecks. Time for a purge of these people.Go Bullls!!!

22 hours ago, John said:

Wow!! Some elite company. Another reason for more fans to come out. The big question will any students show up?? What does the UB administration do to get more students to show up?? They do really nothing and just collect their paychecks. Time for a purge of these people.Go Bullls!!!

The pep band was in full voice at the game! They were into it.

22 hours ago, John said:

I can confirm that there is absolutely nothing around campus to promote sporting events. Outside of friends and true blue, I can probably only mention 3 times I’ve ever heard UB sports brought up by other people. Half the people (and I wish I was joking) don’t even know that we’re D1. There is 0 life for our teams around campus

1 hour ago, Blue03 said:

Half the people (and I wish I was joking) don’t even know that we’re D1. There is 0 life for our teams around campus

This hasn’t really changed since the 90’s.  I can’t speak to what it was like during the Hurley & Oats years, but I imagine there was more buzz around campus because of the winning.  But generally it seems like there’s a lot of apathy toward UB athletics.  We aren’t Penn State or even UCONN where the school spirit is palpable around campus.  UB is still young in terms of D1 sports so maybe there’s still time with the right type of leadership and investment from the next administration.  

4 hours ago, Blue03 said:

I can confirm that there is absolutely nothing around campus to promote sporting events. Outside of friends and true blue, I can probably only mention 3 times I’ve ever heard UB sports brought up by other people. Half the people (and I wish I was joking) don’t even know that we’re D1. There is 0 life for our teams around campus

I have been saying this for years. We have had family members and friends go to UB and there is nothing done by this administration or previous ones to get the students involved. All these people in administration and marketing and others that are paid do nothing but collect paychecks. This admistration is run like they are in D11/111 and that is where UB should be. Again there is no accountability for the jobs that are being done. There are only a handful of people we have talked to over the years that really cared about promoting athletics at UB. With NIL and the transfer portal many of the mid major programs will  lose the majority of support from donors and fans that have supported our student athletes. A sad result of what college sports used to be when money becomes the main reason for anything that occurs in sports. 

10 hours ago, RapidsFan said:

Playing at the Flickinger Center downtown (or a more intimate venue that size) would make a lot more sense.

That will really help get the students come to games, moving them downtown.

Why not just reinstall the six or seven rows roll up bleachers in Clark Hall and play there again.  It would make it easier for the public to go to games, as there are many people who live walking distance from the Main Street Campus.

• Haha 1

EMU played something like a box and 1 to deny her the ball but she still ended w/21 which could have been more she was  uncharacteristically  inefficient 9/2 9/22 40%         0/4 3pts.  Miami guards are big but move slow so hoping this prediction of 30+ comes true  

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, rma said:

Currently at 580 with 4 to go in the regular season, Cleveland seems very likely but not a certainty. With her season average and 5 games, she'll be at 696.

Magic number to go Cleveland is one.  Although looking at the standings it would appear to be two, but UB beat Miami and swept Ohio.  So a UB win or a loss by either Miami or Ohio sends UB to Cleveland.

• Like 2

On 2/25/2024 at 10:22 AM, BrooklynBull said:

Magic number to go Cleveland is one.  Although looking at the standings it would appear to be two, but UB beat Miami and swept Ohio.  So a UB win or a loss by either Miami or Ohio sends UB to Cleveland.

It would be nice if they just kept winning.