Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

MBB vs Kent @6:30 PM CBSSN (Alumni Arena - Buffalo, NY)

The men get back at it today, hosting the Golden Flashes at 6:30 in Buffalo.  The game is on CBS SN.

Kent is 10 - 11, coming off two home losses to Ohio and Miami.  Not your typical Kent State team, but good enough versus UB to be an 8 point road favorite.

I would just like to say I can't believe UB is 2 - 18.  It is hard to even write, but much worse when you look at the conference rankings.  

We once had this awesome car and a great driver.   Then the driver left and some parts fell off the car...and we ended up getting a retread driver who already proved he was an average driver, at best, who slowly let the car fall into further disrepair.   Then we hired a guy who hung around a Ferrari car shop for many years but didn't have a license...and he drove what was left of the car off a cliff.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, UB92 said:

The men get back at it today, hosting the Golden Flashes at 6:30 in Buffalo.  The game is on CBS SN.

Kent is 10 - 11, coming off two home losses to Ohio and Miami.  Not your typical Kent State team, but good enough versus UB to be an 8 point road favorite.

I would just like to say I can't believe UB is 2 - 18.  It is hard to even write, but much worse when you look at the conference rankings.  

We once had this awesome car and a great driver.   Then the driver left and some parts fell off the car...and we ended up getting a retread driver who already proved he was an average driver, at best, who slowly let the car fall into further disrepair.   Then we hired a guy who hung around a Ferrari car shop for many years but didn't have a license...and he drove what was left of the car off a cliff.

What an analogy. 

I like how we shoot the most threes in the MAC like we have prime Graves, Massinburg, Harris, and Williams all on this team.

All I really wanted to see during the course of this season was consistent improvement.

Dark days, friends... dark days.

They just said on the broadcast…we shoot the most 3s per game in the conference yet we are dead last in 3pt FG% in the conference. And 5th worst in the country. Literal definition of insanity. Combine that with poor defense and we get blown out every game

• Like 2

Just now, DooleyBull06 said:

Every time I watch a game on CBSSN I cry when they show bump shots of our glory days. 

Lol.  How much longer do we have til they forget about our glory days altogether and stop showing those?  Very sad to watch this downward spiral right before our eyes

You know what the saddest part of this season is, that we started conference play 1-0 and currently are just two games out of 8th. I always thought the goal for this season was to get to Cleveland and in a year where 5-6 wins can secure the 8 seed, this display is especially bad. 

Edited by DooleyBull06

1 minute ago, Bluebird96 said:

I’ll take Fulcher’s energy and drives to the hoop all day long. Minus the turnovers 😂

I'm basically 95% out on GH3 but I'll say how Fulcher develops this off-season into next season will be very telling for this coaching staff. The kid can play, he just has to get rid of basically a full turnover + per game.

That is... if he doesn't transfer...

Honest question….could you imagine any guard or wing from Oats teams going up against Lloyd McVeigh or for that matter Ryan Sabol?? The athleticism and toughness from the Oats teams compared to these guys is like men vs boys.

1 minute ago, eyjee said:

I'm basically 95% out on GH3 but I'll say how Fulcher develops this off-season into next season will be very telling for this coaching staff. The kid can play, he just has to get rid of basically a full turnover + per game.

That is... if he doesn't transfer...

He shoots like 10% from 3! 

5 minutes ago, Chet said:

He shoots like 10% from 3! 

Good point.  But keep in mind, Jeenathan Williams shot under 10% from 3 as a freshman and 45% his senior year. Very different players, obviously. 

Correction: Nate shot 10.6% as a freshman (5 for 47)

Edited by Bluebird96

7 minutes ago, Chet said:

Honest question….could you imagine any guard or wing from Oats teams going up against Lloyd McVeigh or for that matter Ryan Sabol?? The athleticism and toughness from the Oats teams compared to these guys is like men vs boys.

lol those teams would put up 120 points on this team and win by 60. No one on this team is even an average defender. 

• Like 1