Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2024 Football Schedule

Based on the announcement of the scheduling for the next three seasons (before they have to go back to the drawing board with the addition of UMass) the schedule should be release any day.

Travel Tip for Out of Towners:  If you are going back to Buffalo for a game or games, book your hotels rooms before the Bills schedule comes out.  Once that schedule comes out Saturday night rates will go through the roof.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2024 at 6:07 AM, BrooklynBull said:

Based on the announcement of the scheduling for the next three seasons (before they have to go back to the drawing board with the addition of UMass) the schedule should be release any day.

Travel Tip for Out of Towners:  If you are going back to Buffalo for a game or games, book your hotels rooms before the Bills schedule comes out.  Once that schedule comes out Saturday night rates will go through the roof.

Any updated scoop?  Not sure why the MAC would be the last conference to announce their scheduling.  Heck, even most of the FCS is announced.

Not a bad schedule. Will see Cole Snyder on the Grey Turf (Not looking forward to watching that game in Black and White Maction!, I really hate that field). Quick Turnaround against Kent State on 11/26 to finish the season right before Thanksgiving.

I like having Ball St and Toledo at Home, Ohio could a tough one. No Bowling Green, which is sad, but it's a pretty positive schedule for us in my opinion.

On paper the OOC schedule seems favorable with what *should* be 3 winnable games vs FCS (gulp) Lafayette, vs UMass (3-9 last year) and @ UCONN (also 3-9).

Is it too early to predict a 6-6 first season under Coach Lembo?  As I think I’ve seen posted on here, that should be the bare minimum expectation every season in the MAC for UB Bulls football in my opinion 🤪

2 hours ago, Bluebird96 said:

On paper the OOC schedule seems favorable with what *should* be 3 winnable games vs FCS (gulp) Lafayette, vs UMass (3-9 last year) and @ UCONN (also 3-9).

Is it too early to predict a 6-6 first season under Coach Lembo?  As I think I’ve seen posted on here, that should be the bare minimum expectation every season in the MAC for UB Bulls football in my opinion 🤪

I would sign up for 6-6 and a bowl win right now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bluebird96 said:

We need a QB

15 minutes ago, rma said:

We need a QB

We have 6 QBs on the roster. Was our scouting and staff so bad they picked 6 duds? If we are going dual threat, Watts and Gray are likely not the guys. Ogbonna I’m not sure has the arm for the second half of the dual threat. Depillo maybe? He’s 6’6 and I believe he had decent rushing stats. Time will tell

15 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

We have 6 QBs on the roster. Was our scouting and staff so bad they picked 6 duds?

I hope not but then again you never know. Hoping to see some good signs at the spring game.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, UB77 said:

Back to back Huskies games

I like it. Uconn isn’t a football school but it should still bring a ton of interest on our part. Think students might actually show for the home game. 

48 minutes ago, Blue03 said:

I like it. Uconn isn’t a football school but it should still bring a ton of interest on our part. Think students might actually show for the home game. 

UCONN is a road game. We are playing UMASS at home. That may bring a crowd assuming we can take care of business against Lafayette and play Missouri at a similar level to how we played Wisconsin.

3 hours ago, UBinMD said:

UCONN is a road game. We are playing UMASS at home. That may bring a crowd assuming we can take care of business against Lafayette and play Missouri at a similar level to how we played Wisconsin.

In 2025 we bring UCONN to Buffalo. i probably should have specified 

13 minutes ago, Blue03 said:

In 2025 we bring UCONN to Buffalo. i probably should have specified 

Gotcha, that makes sense! A successful 2024 would certainly make that game more fun!

Edited by UBinMD

7 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

Just like the final two International Bowls.  Back to back Bulls v. Huskies.

UB vs UConn and USF vs NIU.....let us not forget WMU vs Cincinnati, nor Ball St vs Rutgers.  Sadly only four games played.  Dar and I were at all four.  I wish they still played it.

3 hours ago, UBinMD said:

...or how we played Georgia, in Athens for the first qrt/half; without K Mack (suspended by team for punching out Fred Lee).  Eventually Todd Gurley and crew took over.  UB has played well on the road for their "roadkill" games.  Remember leading PSU in State College?

6 minutes ago, verandaman said:

...or how we played Georgia, in Athens for the first qrt/half; without K Mack (suspended by team for punching out Fred Lee).  Eventually Todd Gurley and crew took over.  UB has played well on the road for their "roadkill" games.  Remember leading PSU in State College?

Yes! I was there on tickets from a PSU alum and sitting with his family. It was very quiet for a period of time. We also gave Ohio St. all they could handle with #46 on the field that day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2024 at 8:10 AM, UBinMD said:

I plan to be there. It's only a 2.5 hr drive for me.

16 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

I plan to be there. It's only a 2.5 hr drive for me.

I have considered taking the train up. Not sure which station is closest to UConn. Will need to research that. 

42 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

I have considered taking the train up. Not sure which station is closest to UConn. Will need to research that. 

You would go to New Haven. You could change trains there and go to Hartford. Rentschler Field is across the river in East Hartford. But I would just rent a car in New Haven and drive up. Get some pizza in New Haven too. 

21 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

You would go to New Haven. You could change trains there and go to Hartford. Rentschler Field is across the river in East Hartford. But I would just rent a car in New Haven and drive up. Get some pizza in New Haven too. 

I may just do that! There is a burger joint by Yale that I had that was really good. They had these funky bread toasters and would throw you out if you asked for ketchup. Forget what it was called, but they were good. Thank you for the tip!

• Like 1