Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Sounds like a Morgue

clodney

1 hour ago, Jeseph said:

Let's go U-B *clap clap clap-clap-clap* needs to come back IMO.

When I was in the front of the student section this was always the easiest/loudest cheer and has no learning curve for new fans.

Not sure how we did it back in the day, but I feel like we were chanting most of the game, every game.

In Cleveland this year I lost my voice after the semifinal. 

• Like 2

Just now, BrazenBull said:

Not sure how we did it back in the day, but I feel like we were chanting most of the game, every game.

Yea, games had to be REALLY lopsided for us to "get out of it" in those years. Not sure what caused that drop off. I really want to see the student section on their feet outside of the core 25 or so TB people in the front...

Just now, Jeseph said:

Yea, games had to be REALLY lopsided for us to "get out of it" in those years. Not sure what caused that drop off. I really want to see the student section on their feet outside of the core 25 or so TB people in the front...

While we can speak on True Blue and students a majority for the noise. It is tough to put full blame when they are there for half the season. 

4 minutes ago, BrazenBull said:

The public needs to make more noise. The season ticket holders in particular. 

Yes, Cleveland we are loud. How come we don't do that at our normal home games. I get it is a different game and it can seem it means more in Cleveland. Every game is like that for us now, if we want to receive an at large bid.

When we play at the JAR in Akron. The Rowdies aren't the ones making the most noise. It is the public. That in my mind is the key. 

• Like 1

No ultimate winners, but competitive for years.  Crowds definitely used to be louder.  But I think close games get people into it, these haven't been.  Again, it's like going to a Sabres game where no one does anything unless prompted to by the Jumbotron in order to get free stuff.  I am appreciative that more people are showing up.

I propose this:  Saturday Dec 15, home game vs Southern Illinois at 2 pm.  The alumni take matters into their own hands.  Wear your old Mighty Maniacs shirt (or whatever you have from your student days), anyone willing to get the job done in the students' absence meet before the game in the True Blue end zone.  We make noise up in 113 but I gave up being too rowdy a long time ago (plus the other team can't hear me from row O) - I'm willing to come out of retirement for this.

We're not doing this to stand down there trying to look cool or play with our phones.  We make noise every time the Bulls are on defense and for opposition foul shots.  Get the basic 'BU-FF-AL-O-GO", "Let's go UB" chants going.  "BYAH" for blocks.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2018 at 11:06 AM, BrooklynBull said:

I do not think that basketball and hockey fans are they same market in Buffalo.  If they were, either the Braves would still be in Buffalo or both teams would be gone.

I don't think you know the history of the Braves and what precipitated their demise. 

My point is, in Buffalo, it doesn't make sense to force fans to choose. You will get more fans at UB games if they didn't have to choose over the Sabres.

49 minutes ago, enrique14150 said:

I propose this:  Saturday Dec 15, home game vs Southern Illinois at 2 pm.  The alumni take matters into their own hands.  Wear your old Mighty Maniacs shirt (or whatever you have from your student days), anyone willing to get the job done in the students' absence meet before the game in the True Blue end zone.  We make noise up in 113 but I gave up being too rowdy a long time ago (plus the other team can't hear me from row O) - I'm willing to come out of retirement for this.

We're not doing this to stand down there trying to look cool or play with our phones.  We make noise every time the Bulls are on defense and for opposition foul shots.  Get the basic 'BU-FF-AL-O-GO", "Let's go UB" chants going.  "BYAH" for blocks.

Not an Alum, but, if Football isn't bowling that weekend, I'd be in for this.

1 hour ago, enrique14150 said:

Someone fly in Jeseph, lol

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, enrique14150 said:

I'm in.

You get a few people going and it changes the whole place.  Especially on those bleachers.

17 hours ago, bull_trojan said:

I am so hype for Cleveland, I am trying to go to Senior night in Buffalo and then the tourney. I guess I should look into tickets for BG now before the tickets get too hot. Ticket info for Cleveland isn't out yet, but I'm eager to lock that down.

the only tickets for BG are in the 300's interesting. Do people still do a defacto Standing room only by just standing on the indoor track or has that been discouraged?

I went 2005-07 and loved each one, but never got back cause it was the heart of the busy season for my old career and kinda a all hands on deck time for my new career. In almost every UB event I've ever gone to, we were the scrappy underdog, hoping for a chance, so I'm really excited to go to an event where we are the favorites.