Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Coach Quarles

Chet

I think we are over analyzing this decision a bit.  I think this is more of an acting head coach by committee between all three assistants.

Jamie does a great job running our offense and he did that to a tee yesterday.  You just need one guy who stands and rides the officials a bit and AT has a little more experience doing that.

But I am sure AT and Jamie both have a lot of say in what is going on here.  If this was a long absence by Whitesell and we were really talking about an Acting/Interim HC than I can see this conversation being a little more in depth, but for three games I have no problem with the way it is being handled. 

On 12/16/2020 at 1:44 PM, Tee4three said:

I mentioned this in the game thread, but it was the first time in a while ive seen the coaches so active on the sideline all talking and all communicating to each other and the players

Whitesell is definately more laid back.  Something we aren't use to given who our last two head coaches were.  Mr. technical aka Hurley and Oats.  Heck even Reggie was animated.  We all remember the classic jacket removal.

Whitesell will lead this program nowhere.  The sooner they show him the door, the better.  However I expect that Alnutt and his shocking lack of abition and vision will allow him to squander all the momentum the program gained through the Hurley and Oates years until the program falls back to the pack in the MAC.  Buffalo at their shot at being a Wichita St. or Butler, or insert mid major that parleyed success until getting bigger here, and they punted.