Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB Women’s vs. Niagara - 12/1 - 7pm on ESPN3

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

Feels like a 40 point win. Let’s go ladies! Show what a good team does.

Looking forward to see the Parker sisters for Niagara. They are averaging 14 and 12 points per game. I seen them play at Cardinal O’Hara and were impressed with their overall ability. Nice to see some of our local players stay in the area. Looking for a big win tonight and hope better overall play from some of our reserve players. Go Bulls!!!

I give credit to NU for at least trying something different with pressing most of the game, although it worked a few times early on, UB did not really have many issues bringing the ball up. The biggest issue for UB was trying to be too unselfish at times rather than simply attacking the rim continually...NU is also possibly the worst team I have seen lately in getting back off of missed shots as this led to about a dozen easy UB fast breaks.

The Parker's are both solid, the play hard and confident....not a ton else for NU, especially in terms of offense.

The guard play from UB was again very strong...McEvans continues to be a high motor player that this team really needs (see first half of JMU game) while Young has been a steady presence in handling the ball, allowing Fair to play off the ball much more. I would also expect Woolley to continue to get solid minutes as she is clearly capable of providing a big spark, especially in MAC play.

Post depth is certainly an area of concern...Christie has been off this season so far and still unsure as to if Gaba will return this season. Hemphill staying healthy and Adeyeye staying out of foul trouble will continue to be of the upmost importance to the team's success.

• Like 1

Also, the final four non-conference games are huge for any at-large hopes the team may have, especially with the expansion of the field to 68...Rhode Island is 7-1 including a win over Princeton, VCU is an always strong A-10 program, Princeton is the class of the Ivy and just defeated a ranked FGCU on the road last night and Bucknell is a decent team in the mix for the Patriot League bid.

Four wins would of course be a massive step towards the at-large chances. Going 3-1 would likely keep the at-large hopes alive heading into MAC play. 

1 hour ago, TML1000 said:

I give credit to NU for at least trying something different with pressing most of the game, although it worked a few times early on, UB did not really have many issues bringing the ball up. The biggest issue for UB was trying to be too unselfish at times rather than simply attacking the rim continually...NU is also possibly the worst team I have seen lately in getting back off of missed shots as this led to about a dozen easy UB fast breaks.

The Parker's are both solid, the play hard and confident....not a ton else for NU, especially in terms of offense.

The guard play from UB was again very strong...McEvans continues to be a high motor player that this team really needs (see first half of JMU game) while Young has been a steady presence in handling the ball, allowing Fair to play off the ball much more. I would also expect Woolley to continue to get solid minutes as she is clearly capable of providing a big spark, especially in MAC play.

Post depth is certainly an area of concern...Christie has been off this season so far and still unsure as to if Gaba will return this season. Hemphill staying healthy and Adeyeye staying out of foul trouble will continue to be of the upmost importance to the team's success.

Do agree with your recap. Angel Parker looks like the real deal being very quick and athletic and the younger Parker showed talent but with growing pains playing against better and more talented players. Do agree after those two there is really no help. What the Parker sisters would be like if on our team!! Do agree Christie looks totally lost  with no upside. Coach Jack giving some minutes to Jordan and Keita shows no confidence in Christie. A little concerning over the last two games about Summer’s shooting but she helps in so many other ways. Woolley will help big time if she continues to be confident in her shot selection. The next few games will be a good gauge as UB will be playing better overall teams. Go Bulls!!!