Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Around the MAC

eanil

I looked around but I couldn’t find any threads about other MAC games. Someplace to check in and discuss our rivals and competition throughout the season.

It doesn’t look like we’re going to get any opening night D2 losses tonight. I’d love to see a Cinderella upset one of BG, BSU, or Akron tonight.

I also cannot ever root for the Bonnies so here’s to hoping Ohio wins.

Watching a little of Toledo v Valpo.  Toledo looked good early, but committed some turnovers later in half.  Valpo up by 4.

1 minute ago, Ivantheturrible said:

I actually want the MAC as a whole to do good this year so I’m rooting for all MAC teams. Makes the conference look good, and makes buffalo look better when we beat them all again lol

I agree, want MAC to perform, well with UB on top, of course!  Watching a bit of the Toledo / Valpo game.  Toledo jumped off to an early lead, but turned the ball over 12 times in first half allowing Valpo to head into locker room up by four.  Toledo starters played 80% of minutes in first half and scored 80% - as I saw in exhibition games Toledo, does not appear to be as deep as UB.

13 minutes ago, Ivantheturrible said:

I actually want the MAC as a whole to do good this year so I’m rooting for all MAC teams. Makes the conference look good, and makes buffalo look better when we beat them all again lol

I’ll definitely pull for any MAC team to upset a power conference team and bring positive attention to the MAC but in the end, I think it’s unlikely we’re ranked or a multi-bid league this year so bring on the bad losses to other MAC teams.

18 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

What is your take on Ohio?

They're a much better team than what the preseason prognosticators predicted. Losing Kirk was addition by subtraction.

Jordan Dartis is back and finally healthy. Preston and Vander Plas will be solid for the Bobcats as well. Imo, they're not a threat to win the MAC East but a team you can't take for granted any given night.

Jeff Boals (Ohio alumnus) is an up and coming coach and recruited two top-250 players (Ben Roderick, Marvin Price) within a month of getting hired. Give him a few years and the Bobcats will be one of the top threats to UB in the conference.

But for now, it's the Bulls conference to lose.

Edited by Big 4 Hoops Blogger
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, Big 4 Hoops Blogger said:

They're a much better team than what the preseason prognosticators predicted. Losing Kirk was addition by subtraction.

Jordan Dartis is back and finally healthy. Preston and Vander Plas will be solid for the Bobcats as well. Imo, they're not a threat to win the MAC East but a team you can't take for granted any given night.

Jeff Boals (Ohio alumnus) is an up and coming coach and recruited two top-250 players (Ben Roderick, Marvin Price) within a month of getting hired. Give him a few years and the Bobcats will be one of the top threats to UB in the conference.

But for now, it's the Bulls conference to lose.

Completely agree.  I think the unanimous 6th place in the preseason poll is only going to add fuel to the fire.  I think they're likely to host a first round game, could push for a bye.

• Like 2

I am gonna say this now...Ohio is dangerous. They have a coach who is an up and comer. Can recruit. I said when he took over they were 2-3 away. After he hit the recruiting trail that timeline moved up. And getting caught up in the moment...they can be a top 5 MAC team this season. The are dangerous this season. And a legit threat in seasons to come.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, eanil said:

Ball State lost to Evansville, who is similar in Kenpom to Dartmouth.

We’re not the only MAC team losing to teams we should beat.

The MAC was stronger this year than it has been in a Kong time.  It is starting to look like it is weak this year.  Be healthy going into the conference and the team can win no matter who they lose to OOC. 

• Like 1

On 11/10/2019 at 8:41 AM, dutchcountry7 said:

The MAC was stronger this year than it has been in a Kong time.  It is starting to look like it is weak this year.  Be healthy going into the conference and the team can win no matter who they lose to OOC. 

Really? The only teams who look remotely decent are probably Toledo and maybe BG.