Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB -2 @ BGSU

UB92

1 hour ago, Majortomxiii said:

I am confused, do we love Mo do we hate Mo or is it just a day to day thing. Maybe it is good we are not the AD…..or President.

I like Mo. I think he is still figuring out the HC thing, which we here at UB are going to experience for quite a while I think. He is a great recruiter and seems to get players motivated. I think he may be a brutally honest coach, which could have led to some departures because young men may not like what they were told. In his mind, I think he feels he can get someone equal or better if they don't want to fit into what his vision is. It's definitely a work in progress and it will be a roller coaster. I am encouraged at the last few weeks as all aspects of our team seem to be coming together and they show flashes are really good players.

In comparison LL was a veteran HC, his struggles were recruiting "higher star" type recruits, but I think he and his staff maximized the abilities of the guys they were able to get in. He also got to a point where he didn't have to rely on freshman unless they were outstanding talents that just couldn't be left on the sideline.

Both have positive and negative aspects. For me, I'm happy with the current situation and am hopeful it continues. In the back of my head though, every win feels like one win closer to losing another coach.

Mo is going to continue to work the portal hard.  He did a good job at pulling players in to UB who might be unhappy with their current (P5) situations and Juco's.  I'll take talent any day even though it might take some time for the guys to jell.... like earlier this season. 

1 hour ago, zigo230 said:

Mo is going to continue to work the portal hard.  He did a good job at pulling players in to UB who might be unhappy with their current (P5) situations and Juco's.  I'll take talent any day even though it might take some time for the guys to jell.... like earlier this season. 

And rule changes so the portal doesn’t open until after the season.