Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

James Madison @ UB - 1pm, Sat. 11/12/22

MuchMany

36 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

After game against Colgate, I was optimistic for the season.  After yesterday, wondering if we even finish sixth in MAC.  I know expectations were that there would be some growing pains, but this was hard to watch.

Our shooting % was in the 20s, I don’t expect that to be a regular thing. They actually got mostly good shots, but nothing was falling. They got a ton of turnovers, but gave up more. Just a very out of sorts game. Hopefully UConn will better, not expecting to win, but hopefully a more well played game. I still have hope.

With a team having so many new and/or inexperienced players there are bound to be a few clunkers like this one. The fact that these same Bulls played well in beating Colgate shows the potential is there.  After 2 games we’re at .500 which is pretty much where I expect to be at the end of the season. I won’t be shocked if we have 4 or 5 wins (vs D1 opponents) going into the MAC schedule as tough as the OOC schedule looks on paper. Go Bulls! 🤘

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

James Madison giving #3 Virginia and Ben Vander Plas a bit of a challenge down 3 with 15 to go. ACC Network.

Virginia was starting to open up a little lead under 10:00 but JMU just tied it up.  BVP off the bench and getting some solid minutes. Always respected his game even if he was a pest against UB. At 6’8” 236 he’s bigger than he seems (and actually bigger than Mballa 6’7” 220).  Love seeing mid-majors make the P5 teams sweat