Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Harrison Reed - South Dakota Sniper

UBinMD

50 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

He has not been heavily recruited thus far, but picked up an offer from St. John's yesterday, maybe he will start getting some activity.  Like the 44% shooting on 3s.

He's 6'2 which will cause the P5 guys to pause a bit until he shows he can play. He may be destined for mid-major to start. I like the video showing him hitting shots and then hustling back on D. I'm cautiously optimistic about him.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2022 at 11:58 AM, UBinMD said:

He's 6'2 which will cause the P5 guys to pause a bit until he shows he can play. He may be destined for mid-major to start. I like the video showing him hitting shots and then hustling back on D. I'm cautiously optimistic about him.

Is he 100% committed or 10000000% committed like one of our recent recruits?

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Did you see that he is any percent committed somewhere? I missed it if so.

No…just making a joke about commitments, in general, in light of what happened recently.  

Until they are here, they aren’t here.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunate but at least we lost out as a P5 team. Hopefully we can uncover some other gems. Basketball recruits are so tough. Seems like mid-majors need a blend of true freshman and juco to be able to compete Year-in, year-out. Then cross your fingers the true freshman you develop don’t transfer out 

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

Unfortunate but at least we lost out as a P5 team. Hopefully we can uncover some other gems. Basketball recruits are so tough. Seems like mid-majors need a blend of true freshman and juco to be able to compete Year-in, year-out. Then cross your fingers the true freshman you develop don’t transfer out 

I wonder how the transfer portal changes freshman recruiting. If a team doesn't get a freshman, they might be able to get someone like this guy who chose the higher conference but didn't get playing time instead. Stay in touch, maybe he will be back.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

I wonder how the transfer portal changes freshman recruiting. If a team doesn't get a freshman, they might be able to get someone like this guy who chose the higher conference but didn't get playing time instead. Stay in touch, maybe he will be back.

Not sure if basketball is as fluid. Skogman left and played immediately and wasn’t a graduate so I’m no longer even sure what the rules are