Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

‘23-‘24 Womens Hoops Roster

Jeseph

On 4/25/2023 at 5:40 PM, UBinMD said:

. It was rough and they still almost beat a really good BG team in the Conference Tournament, led quarters 1-3, gave it up at the very end.

We played the #1 seed Toledo in the Conference Tournament, and we were leading by 3 with 13 seconds left in the 4Q, and in the overtime we were tied with 14 seconds left and had two shot attempts after that.

Edited by dj_paige

15 minutes ago, dj_paige said:

We played the #1 seed Toledo in the Conference Tournament, and we were leading by 3 with 13 seconds left in the 4Q, and in the overtime we were tied with 14 seconds left and had two shot attempts after that.

You are right, I meant Toledo, not BG. We could have won that game for sure and we were competitive the last several weeks.

14 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Timberlynn Yeast committed to Marshall. At least that jives with her dads comments to be less than a 9 hour drive to home games. Best of luck to her.

After reading how sever her injuries were it’s good to hear this young kid still gets to continue to play at D1 level

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

Coach Foust went back to Murray State.

Was DOBO in 21-22, now assistant coach and recruiting coordinator. The job was posted 4/10, so not sure if him leaving was for this or just happened to fall into place. I found a job posting, interesting read, it was on LinkedIn too. Didn’t think these kinds of jobs were filled like that, but I guess I was wrong. MSU was 15-16 in the Missouri Valley conference. Seemed to take a shot at UB with his tweet about joining a “championship culture”. I guess it wasn’t that great or he wouldn’t have left in the first place.

https://careers.insidehighered.com/job/2856934/assistant-womens-basketball-coach

Edited by UBinMD

1 hour ago, NC_UBfan said:

I’m interested to know if any of the former recruits will now sign w/Murray State

2 of the 5 have found new homes (Marshall & BC). Let's see how the other 3 fall. They are from Ohio, Kentucky and Texas so a school in Kentucky makes sense and that's where Foust was a HS coach.

Looking at last year's roster, they had 16 players, 3 Redshirt Seniors, so in theory they graduate. They also have a Butler transfer and Purdue transfer coming in, so there may be no room at the inn for other recruits.

The current roster is very intriguing. There is a mix of international players,size, speed and athleticism. Looking forward to see how Coach B gets them to gel over the summer and fall. If last years team over performed by all accounts with what sic players or something like that. What can she do with this new group and depth?

The current roster is very intriguing. There is a mix of international players,size, speed and athleticism. Looking forward to see how Coach B gets them to gel over the summer and fall. If last years team over performed by all accounts with what sic players or something like that. What can she do with this new group and depth?

I think it will be good. We also have some more seasoned assistants too which could help.

Not following the incoming recruits as carefully as others, but it seems to me we must have something like 18 players on the roster. I wonder if this is BB's way of avoiding the situation we had during the season where we really didn't have enough players.

And I saw Briyanna Baron will return, what is the point there? Baron couldn't contribute in any meaningful way during the last season, she played only in blow-out games.

1 hour ago, dj_paige said:

Not following the incoming recruits as carefully as others, but it seems to me we must have something like 18 players on the roster. I wonder if this is BB's way of avoiding the situation we had during the season where we really didn't have enough players.

And I saw Briyanna Baron will return, what is the point there? Baron couldn't contribute in any meaningful way during the last season, she played only in blow-out games.

We are at 14 with this latest addition. The new player is touted as a very good defensive player, which is nice and she won a Canadian Championship so more international experience. Baron is a bit of a head scratcher, but she’s a known quantity to BB and you always need a couple extra players in practice, etc. Perhaps a reward for her contributions over the years. Kiara Johnson is also back which I’m happy about. I think she could be very good for us and it would stink to end your comeback and college career like her did with the injury. She is a good story for us. I think the team has good talent and more size, which was missing. We have quite a bit of international flavor, which has served us well in the past. Looking forward to seeing if they can put it all together. I also like the additional of the Cortland St head coach to hopefully stabilize the coaching staff a bit. One thing about last year’s assistants, they were all young and didn’t have much D1 coaching experience. That may have caused some friction along the way. Who knows.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dj_paige said:

Not following the incoming recruits as carefully as others, but it seems to me we must have something like 18 players on the roster.

I'm not following this team until the Fall. Speculation on the previous recruits was a waste of time since they all dropped. 

Who knows what the team will be in the fall.  Why waste my energy now on them.

Edited by bullsbball

• 2 weeks later...

Some good news 6’0” wing Emerita Mashaire has taken her name out of portal and returned to the team. This is great news bringing back more size and experience is a good thing for this team. With the portal closing this weekend I’m guessing the 2023-24 roster is set.  IMG_4648.thumb.jpeg.d26cdf3f797f4c9278d504c828c60e46.jpeg

That’s good news, I like her game.