Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

‘23-‘24 Womens Hoops Roster

Jeseph

1 hour ago, capencaper said:

Why don't you tell us? 🤠

At the end of the 2022 season, she had three players left, one being Watson. Around 9 left (granted, two or three were seniors). One returned once she realized that Burke wouldn’t be coaching. 

Looking at the 2023 class as it stands here and now it looks very competitive.
Alexis Davis 6' W - Woodbury NJ  #9 state # 1 Position  
lead the state in rebounding, averaging over 25 PPG and 20 RPG 21 games for the Thundering Herd.
Kirsten Lewis-Williams 5'10 PG Lake Norman HS NC #5 State #1 Position 
Lead state in FTs made 203 18th in AST5.5 20.6PPG RPG 8.8 APG 5.5 SPG 4.1 AST:TO3.2
Finalist for Ms. Basketball NC 
Ella Take 6'G/W Capital Courts Academy CA
Pauala Lopez  5'8" PG Spain

Team has lots of height probably the biggest team in the MAC, athletic and deep. So looks to me if the team gels like all teams over the summer and into the fall this team is built to compete.  

Edited by NC_UBfan

3 hours ago, NC_UBfan said:

Looking at the 2023 class as it stands here and now it looks very competitive.
Alexis Davis 6' W - Woodbury NJ  #9 state # 1 Position  
lead the state in rebounding, averaging over 25 PPG and 20 RPG 21 games for the Thundering Herd.
Kirsten Lewis-Williams 5'10 PG Lake Norman HS NC #5 State #1 Position 
Lead state in FTs made 203 18th in AST5.5 20.6PPG RPG 8.8 APG 5.5 SPG 4.1 AST:TO3.2
Finalist for Ms. Basketball NC 
Ella Take 6'G/W Capital Courts Academy CA
Pauala Lopez  5'8" PG Spain

Team has lots of height probably the biggest team in the MAC, athletic and deep. So looks to me if the team gels like all teams over the summer and into the fall this team is built to compete.  

Based on the current roster, we now have 14 players, which seems right. We will likely add one additional Assistant coach so we will have 3. Hopefully this group gels together and plays a fun style of basketball. 

19 hours ago, ub2019 said:

Don’t think we’ll be getting anyone from this AAU program while BB is the coach 

So Coach Foust retweeted the above. Then he sent a tweet saying Players will forget what we taught them but they will never forget how we made them feel.

Wild conspiracy #2: Is it possible that Coach Burke continued to recruit and found players she felt were "upgrades" to the recruiting class and then wanted to get out of some of them and go with the players recently signed and Coaches Foust and Dozier weren't on board and left in protest? The only other logical explanation is that one (or both) of the assistants are landing somewhere (to be announced) and want to bring these players with them. I guess time will tell on where the coaches end up and where the players end up. Coach Dozier is pretty active on Twitter and seems to be looking for an opportunity, Coach Foust has been relatively silent except for the two items above. Interesting for sure.

10 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

The only other logical explanation is that one (or both) of the assistants are landing somewhere (to be announced) and want to bring these players with them.

Maybe he couldn’t walk away from a toxic program in good conscience and leave the girls that he worked so hard to recruit to fend for themselves. 

9 minutes ago, Ubball said:

Maybe he couldn’t walk away from a toxic program in good conscience and leave the girls that he worked so hard to recruit to fend for themselves. 

A good possibility, unfortunately that can be perceived as tampering too. Not that anyone cares about that anymore in the current college environment.

Edited by UBinMD

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

Wild conspiracy #2: Is it possible that Coach Burke continued to recruit and found players she felt were "upgrades" to the recruiting class and then wanted to get out of some of them and go with the players recently signed and Coaches Foust and Dozier weren't on board and left in protest? 

First, grammar. Nice run-on sentence.

Second, no chance in the world that Burke thought she could get better players. She was always claiming how great her new recruits were (as recently as March).  Also, it appears the recruits wanted to get out of there NLI (for some reason) for awhile. If she wanted new players, she wouldn't have dragged out their release.

More like, she could see she was losing them and had to recruit new players. 

Clearly the former coaches, players, recruits didn't like something so they left.

I think the turmoil will continue. I'll wait for November to see what cards are on the table then.

14 hours ago, Ubball said:

Definition: A toxic person is anyone whose behavior adds negativity and upset to your life.

Coaches and Players should definitely go were they want to be and how they want to be lead/coached.  High intensity coaching isn't for everyone, but there are athletics that can handle "Bobby Knight" and can get the message and ignore the tone. 

1 hour ago, Sportsfan said:

Definition: A toxic person is anyone whose behavior adds negativity and upset to your life.

Coaches and Players should definitely go were they want to be and how they want to be lead/coached.  High intensity coaching isn't for everyone, but there are athletics that can handle "Bobby Knight" and can get the message and ignore the tone. 

100%, it's all about fit. My question is, these young ladies I would think watched UB games during the season and came to practices, visits, etc. Did they not think she was intense? It's more than that I would think since it is 4 months after the commitments and signings. Someone must have heard or said something about behind the scenes or whatever or the departure of the main recruiters caused it. Maybe it's the reason behind the coach's departures that was the trigger. High intensity coaching can't be the main thing, if it was, the players obviously didn't do their research.

49 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

100%, it's all about fit. My question is, these young ladies I would think watched UB games during the season and came to practices, visits, etc. Did they not think she was intense? It's more than that I would think since it is 4 months after the commitments and signings. Someone must have heard or said something about behind the scenes or whatever or the departure of the main recruiters caused it. Maybe it's the reason behind the coach's departures that was the trigger. High intensity coaching can't be the main thing, if it was, the players obviously didn't do their research.

I'm going with some outside influence. We had 5 decommit there is a 0% chance that happens without some else pulling strings or influencing people. 

2 minutes ago, everlast2504 said:

I'm going with some outside influence. We had 5 decommit there is a 0% chance that happens without some else pulling strings or influencing people. 

No doubt in my mind.

However, looking at the stats and accolades of the young ladies replacing those 5, I am pretty impressed. We have 2 St Johns players know that should know each other's games and two Spaniards that should help with the transition of coming to the US since one has already been in the states a while. It looks like a very solid roster, good size and good skill. Now can it all come together as one TEAM.

2 hours ago, Sportsfan said:

Actually, I said toxic for a reason. Toxic to me is not about being just “intense.” Like I said before, don’t pass judgments until the story comes out. I think you will all be surprised. There’s a lot of things that many people can’t say right now bc it’s not their story to tell, but I promise, the story is going to be told. 

25 minutes ago, Ubball said:

Actually, I said toxic for a reason. Toxic to me is not about being just “intense.” Like I said before, don’t pass judgments until the story comes out. I think you will all be surprised. There’s a lot of things that many people can’t say right now bc it’s not their story to tell, but I promise, the story is going to be told. 

So should she just be fired now then? Why drag it out? If it's "for cause" they can get out of paying a buyout. Is ADMA oblivious to it? If it's a truly toxic environment, admit you made a mistake and move on. The clandestine bullshit is not helpful.

Meh, it’s Women’s basketball. A sitting head coach can never tell their side of the story. So unless there was something egregious, in which case something would have been done already, it’s likely a nothing burger about hurt feelings. Let’s focus on the future.