Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2023 Schedule

On 9/5/2023 at 9:00 PM, rma said:

He also has one (1) winning season in that time frame. I appreciate him for what he did at UB and I will root for him (personally, not CC) but he's on borrowed time as a head coach.

2018–19 Canisius Golden Griffins men's basketball team - Wikipedia

Yeah, this might have been a losing season, but I don't think CC was expecting much more from them in the OOC schedule.  Finishing second in the MAAC was what mattered.  

1 hour ago, dutchcountry7 said:

2018–19 Canisius Golden Griffins men's basketball team - Wikipedia

Yeah, this might have been a losing season, but I don't think CC was expecting much more from them in the OOC schedule.  Finishing second in the MAAC was what mattered.  

I don't concern myself as to what Canisius does with Reggie.  Also it is possible his results could be better in another environment.  Overall Canisius MAAC record is 65-63 under Reggie which is okish.   However, the one yardstick we have had for UB is winning the conference tournament.  The last four years, Canisius has lost in the first round, and its best result was reaching the semifinals once in his seven years.   I think we know what people would be saying on here if Reggie was coaching UB. 

6 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

I don't concern myself as to what Canisius does with Reggie.  Also it is possible his results could be better in another environment.  Overall Canisius MAAC record is 65-63 under Reggie which is okish.   However, the one yardstick we have had for UB is winning the conference tournament.  The last four years, Canisius has lost in the first round, and its best result was reaching the semifinals once in his seven years.   I think we know what people would be saying on here if Reggie was coaching UB. 

We have different expectations and a different budget to work with.  I am not saying we bring Reggie back.  I am simply saying that it is perfectly reasonable that he remains employed at CC.

27 minutes ago, dutchcountry7 said:

We have different expectations and a different budget to work with.  I am not saying we bring Reggie back.  I am simply saying that it is perfectly reasonable that he remains employed at CC.

I understood this to be your perspective.  I also tried to give some leeway to Reggie to acknowledge the lack of resources are contributing to mediocre results.

5 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

I understood this to be your perspective.  I also tried to give some leeway to Reggie to acknowledge the lack of resources are contributing to mediocre results.

Every MAAC school has limited resources...just some prove that they can win with good coaching and recruiting. Take St. Peters and they have less resources prob than Canisius. Bottom line is why hasn't CC moved on from a coach that hasn't gotten past the 1st round the past 4 years? Mediocrity seems to be accepted there. 

On 9/7/2023 at 10:09 PM, MKBullsfan said:

Every MAAC school has limited resources...just some prove that they can win with good coaching and recruiting. Take St. Peters and they have less resources prob than Canisius. Bottom line is why hasn't CC moved on from a coach that hasn't gotten past the 1st round the past 4 years? Mediocrity seems to be accepted there. 

Is it your position that a limited resource school should constantly churn coaches until they find one that is a winner performing at a significantly higher level than their conference would expect?  

• 1 month later...